Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I went into my untrusty dealer parts department here in town today, to ask about the clip in the photo I attached below. A mechanic was behind the counter and he knew exactly what I was talking about but the parts guy didn't have a clue. Needless to say, in the exploded view of the console, the only pieces that were not listed were these clips. Anyone else lost one while pulling up the console? The one that is missing is also noted with a yellow circle, on the right, which broke in half. Anyone know how to find a part number or a pic that shows this clip would be appreciated. It's not a major issue, it's just my OCD that has me still wanting to replace it after a couple of weeks since my shifter swap.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
You may very well need to go aftermarket for those. Many clips (depending on part and manufacture) are only serviced with full part replacement.

Often a really good parts guy can get around this. Those clips may only be served by full part replacement on THAT part, but a part one foot away may use the same clips and show a part number. Ford really likes to pull this genius move.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Maybe try a local body shop, they might have some that they've removed from damaged parts and would be willing to part with one.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
So, I went into my untrusty dealer parts department here in town today, to ask about the clip in the photo I attached below. A mechanic was behind the counter and he knew exactly what I was talking about but the parts guy didn't have a clue. Needless to say, in the exploded view of the console, the only pieces that were not listed were these clips. Anyone else lost one while pulling up the console? The one that is missing is also noted with a yellow circle, on the right, which broke in half. Anyone know how to find a part number or a pic that shows this clip would be appreciated. It's not a major issue, it's just my OCD that has me still wanting to replace it after a couple of weeks since my shifter swap.
That exact clip fell off my car yesterday. I was installing a dashcam and lifted the panel to see if I could route the power wire through/under the console and that exact same clip popped off and I heard it rattle away down in there somewhere never to be seen again. It must be a common problem due to the location or the shape of the slot that it plugs into. None of the other clips came off like that. So I went online and the first search brought me here. Looks like I'll have to by 30 or 100 of the damn things just to get one.
Bill B.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That exact clip fell off my car yesterday. I was installing a dashcam and lifted the panel to see if I could route the power wire through/under the console and that exact same clip popped off and I heard it rattle away down in there somewhere never to be seen again. It must be a common problem due to the location or the shape of the slot that it plugs into. None of the other clips came off like that. So I went online and the first search brought me here. Looks like I'll have to by 30 or 100 of the damn things just to get one.
Bill B.

Looks like Mopar number 6510407AB. The Mopar page says it's not a fit for Challenger but it must since it looks identical except for color.
Found these...
orange plastic one on Amazon.ca and Amazon.com and eBay.com
and a white plastic Mopar one here Amazon.com
I found a metal one on Amazon.ca that might work, not sure about it.

Similar thread from 2016 here...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought the 100/pkg orange one and it fit perfect. Problem solved. Someone in the other thread bought the white Mopar ones and verified that they fit.
Looks like that verifies both the orange and white ones (with the Mopar part number 651047AB) fits Challenger (and I assume Charger) and Jeep.
Bill B.

·
Registered
259 Posts
That exact clip came off on mine but it was still under the console didn't disappear.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts