Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I went into my untrusty dealer parts department here in town today, to ask about the clip in the photo I attached below. A mechanic was behind the counter and he knew exactly what I was talking about but the parts guy didn't have a clue. Needless to say, in the exploded view of the console, the only pieces that were not listed were these clips. Anyone else lost one while pulling up the console? The one that is missing is also noted with a yellow circle, on the right, which broke in half. Anyone know how to find a part number or a pic that shows this clip would be appreciated. It's not a major issue, it's just my OCD that has me still wanting to replace it after a couple of weeks since my shifter swap.

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
You may very well need to go aftermarket for those. Many clips (depending on part and manufacture) are only serviced with full part replacement.

Often a really good parts guy can get around this. Those clips may only be served by full part replacement on THAT part, but a part one foot away may use the same clips and show a part number. Ford really likes to pull this genius move.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Maybe try a local body shop, they might have some that they've removed from damaged parts and would be willing to part with one.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,507 Posts

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts