Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my tuner on diablo tune, Throttle boost 15%, I want to firm the shift but see no option, also anything else i should do on a stock SXT Chally.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Just got my tuner on diablo tune, Throttle boost 15%, I want to firm the shift but see no option, also anything else i should do on a stock SXT Chally.
I have the intune tuner and when I installed the tune 91 tune, I had the option to increase the shift firmness. It works ok, but I got a custom tune from Johan, and it shifts perfect now. When you are on the throttle, it shifts like a 70's muscle car. I like it when the yellow squiggles light up for a second on the 1-2 shift. :)

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Looks like the 5.7 gets shift firmness but not the 3.6. What's up with that?

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I have the intune tuner and when I installed the tune 91 tune, I had the option to increase the shift firmness. It works ok, but I got a custom tune from Johan, and it shifts perfect now. When you are on the throttle, it shifts like a 70's muscle car. I like it when the yellow squiggles light up for a second on the 1-2 shift. :)
Should be getting my T-1000 tomorrow morning. Doing the 91 and the MDS OFF myself. I'm new to the tuning thing. I see everybody mention Johan. Sounds worth the custom tune to me. Any other recommendations? At least until I can get a custom done up.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Should be getting my T-1000 tomorrow morning. Doing the 91 and the MDS OFF myself. I'm new to the tuning thing. I see everybody mention Johan. Sounds worth the custom tune to me. Any other recommendations? At least until I can get a custom done tune.
Stinger, when you get the tuner, plug it in you your computer and update it. Then remove the starter push button and use the key to cycle the ignition on and off when prompted. Then install the 91 tune, then select increase shift firmness, then MSD off and have some fun. But when you get the custom tune the shifts will be 200% firmer.

Reactions: StingerRT/C

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,529 Posts
The 3.6L compatible tuners do not have options to adjust transmission shift firmness, you would need something that interfaces with the TCM for that (or a hardware upgrade like the Blue Tops mod).

For all things TCM related, I recommend the TranZformer trans cntrl module. I got one last year and love it. It's my fav mod of everything I've done so far, as it increased the "fun" factor of just daily driving/errand running.

You can get the skinny on the TZM at their website, which I believe is Z Automotive Technologies, and there are also several threads in this forum that you can use to research the product's pros/cons.

</shill end>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts