Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After bumping the rev limiter recently in my new Scat, I went in and set up my shift light. To test it, I turned it down to 3k for 2nd and 3rd gears (M6). No go. Checked my performance Features Guide and sure enough on page 55 there it was, "The Shift Light Feature is not available on Scat Pack vehicles". Crap!
Why would Dodge pick this one model to delete this (to me) desirable feature? Just going to have to watch the Tachometer closer but a light I could see in my peripheral vision would have been great! :(

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Hellraisin M6
341 Posts
So wait, you were able to access the menu for it where you adjusted the RPM limits, but the feature is not enabled? That doesn't sound right.

I heard somewhere that the shift light only activates on hard throttle, so maybe try giving 'er and see if it pops up..

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was able to enable the shift light function on my '17 model Scat Pack with a Tazer. Not sure if it would work on newer models but that might be an option.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,211 Posts
After bumping the rev limiter recently in my new Scat, I went in and set up my shift light. To test it, I turned it down to 3k for 2nd and 3rd gears (M6). No go. Checked my performance Features Guide and sure enough on page 55 there it was, "The Shift Light Feature is not available on Scat Pack vehicles". Crap!
Why would Dodge pick this one model to delete this (to me) desirable feature? Just going to have to watch the Tachometer closer but a light I could see in my peripheral vision would have been great! :(
You should have it, it's included with Widebody Scat Packs.

Double check your window sticker and build sheet, it should be there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
872 Posts
I don't have a 2020 or 2021 version of the Drive Mode Supplement

From the 2019 Owner's Manual Drive Mode Supplement ...

. NOTE: Shift Light feature is not present on the Dodge Scat Pak Widebody

The Shift Light setup screen may only be accessed if the feature is enabled. Press the “Reset to factory default” button on the touchscreen to change back to factory settings, or press the “Shift Light Off” button on the touchscreen to turn the system off completely.​

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
585 Posts
If I recall, it was one of the features not accessible until either 500 or 1000 miles. Here's a video of what it looks like when it's working.

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So wait, you were able to access the menu for it where you adjusted the RPM limits, but the feature is not enabled? That doesn't sound right.

I heard somewhere that the shift light only activates on hard throttle, so maybe try giving 'er and see if it pops up..
Yeah, doesn't make sense it's all there but doesn't work. I tried hard acceleration. Still won't work. And like I posted, manual says I don't have it either. Bummer!

You should have it, it's included with Widebody Scat Packs.

Double check your window sticker and build sheet, it should be there.

You're right. On my window sticker "Performance Shift-Indicator". What the hell am I doing wrong? I keep trying but it won't light up!

I don't have a 2020 or 2021 version of the Drive Mode Supplement

From the 2019 Owner's Manual Drive Mode Supplement ...

Wiz, that's what I thought but as Slidd pointed out, it's on my window sticker?

If I recall, it was one of the features not accessible until either 500 or 1000 miles. Here's a video of what it looks like when it's working.
I am at 550 miles. Maybe at 1k? Don't know.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,211 Posts
2C3CDZFJ8MH526713

Here's a 2021 Scat Pack and under the Widebody equipment it shows the shift light so not sure what is going on here. Manual or Automatic makes no difference, they should have the light.

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, mines definitely not doing that. Crap!

·
Registered
16,211 Posts
You're right. On my window sticker "Performance Shift-Indicator". What the hell am I doing wrong? I keep trying but it won't light up!
OK I just posted about it, it's on the sticker so not sure why it's not there or not working.

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2C3CDZFJ8MH526713

Here's a 2021 Scat Pack and under the Widebody equipment it shows the shift light so not sure what is going on here. Manual or Automatic makes no difference, they should have the light.

Yes, mine's got it. But won't work. May have to go ask the dealer I guess. Not sure what else to do.

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
585 Posts
Yes, mine's got it. But won't work. May have to go ask the dealer I guess. Not sure what else to do.
Random thought...are you in Track Mode when you're trying to use it?

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Random thought...are you in Track Mode when you're trying to use it?
No, I was in Sport mode. Should I try Track? Really good question.

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
585 Posts
I'm pretty sure the launch control only operates in Track. Worth trying.

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm pretty sure the launch control only operates in Track. Worth trying.
Thanks but we are talking about Shift Light, not Launch Control (related?). But hey, worth trying! Will try tomorrow and update!

Reactions: Hellraisin

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
585 Posts
Thanks but we are talking about Shift Light, not Launch Control (related?). But hey, worth trying! Will try tomorrow and update!
Launch Control and Shift Light should both be under the Race Options menu, so I was speculating they might both need Track Mode on to operate. Let me know what you find out, wish I still had mine to remind myself exactly how the shift light behaves.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Mine works. it is subtle.

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

·
Registered
2021 SPWB Shaker M6
1 Posts
I'm new to this forum and have never joined in on one. I've read some posts regarding 2021 Wide Body with manual transmission and the issue with shift light not working on cars with manual transmissions. I have this problem and now hope to respond to others that I have followed... Hopefully this problem with the shift light will be corrected in the near future with the collective help from this site and engineers at the factory.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts