Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think the dealer would add the shift light to a car that didn’t have it even if you had to pay for it?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Do you think the dealer would add the shift light to a car that didn’t have it even if you had to pay for it?
Depends might need to go to a performance shop.

You want like a aftermarket one?

I know mine has the in dash one but I have to enable it with the tazer

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Some Challengers get it and some don’t I guess. I have the race pages and performance pages but no shift light option under race. I didn’t know if they could just add it since I have the M6 you’d think you’d get it. Silly me. I don’t want an aftermarket one or to have to buy a tazer since I’m under warranty and don't want to mess with things. I have the 6.4 btw.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Some Challengers get it and some don’t I guess. I have the race pages and performance pages but no shift light option under race. I didn’t know if they could just add it since I have the M6 you’d think you’d get it. Silly me. I don’t want an aftermarket one or to have to buy a tazer since I’m under warranty and don't want to mess with things.
Well mine didn't come with it stock plus mines a SP M6. Only think is you can ask if they can unlock it at the dealer

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
The 6.4 has a shift light that can be activated by Tazer but for the 5.7/3.6 your options are:

1) Get a diablo sport trinity and use it's shift light function (just plugs into your OBD port).
2) Get an aftermarket shift light and wire it to one of the fuel injector grounds. Although my experience with this is that not all shift lights are created equal. I have an innovate boost/AFR/shift light gauge and the shift light does not see the correct RPM using this method. Innovate tech says I have a noise injector ground but I have confirmed with a scope that all is good at least at moderate RPMs. Here is the thread I started talking about it, I am convinced it is the gauge itself that is having issues but I need to confirm with my signal generator.
https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f202/innovate-psb-1-tach-input-630418/

One could use a tach adapter from MSD but that requires every injector ground be tapped. An alternative would be to get a OBD to tach signal module like this.
OBD II Speedometer/ Tachometer Interface

Here are some examples of successful shift light installs:
https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f39/finally-got-my-shift-light-installed-pics-inside-36688/
https://www.challengertalk.com/foru...-light-easy-install-works-106177/#post1442353

Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is not a reply but also another question about a shift light I have a 2016 with the scat pack, super track pack, every option that is available and on the dash when you scroll through the options to set up your dash it lists shift light but I cannot get it to come on in any locations around the Dash but with everything that Car has on it it certainly should have one? I read some of the articles about activating it with a “Tazer” what is a taser? And how do you activate the shift light with one and is that possible with the car that I own?

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,291 Posts
hellcats get them, auto & manual. center of dash. can be accessed on/off thru uconn.

·
Registered
690 Posts
This is not a reply but also another question about a shift light I have a 2016 with the scat pack, super track pack, every option that is available and on the dash when you scroll through the options to set up your dash it lists shift light but I cannot get it to come on in any locations around the Dash but with everything that Car has on it it certainly should have one? I read some of the articles about activating it with a “Tazer” what is a taser? And how do you activate the shift light with one and is that possible with the car that I own?
If it has the option your not hitting the default rpm to have it turn on.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,553 Posts
If you press the Shift Light option, does it go to a page to turn on or off, and set rpm? This is listed under SRT options, not sure if that included Scat Pack in 2016?

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

2016 Dodge Challenger/Charger Drive Mode/SRT Supplement

A Guy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts