Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, hope this isn't a silly question but I just haven't been able to find an answer. Is it possible to change the stock 6 speed SRT8 pistol to a ball without having to replace the entire shifter? I am more than mechanically challenged so any help appreciated. Hey, I like to go fast but have no idea how the car gets there!

Thanks!

AW

·
Registered
557 Posts
Sure...Mopar sells a short shifter with a really neat round billet Knob, with the proper shift pattern on it. No need to remove the shifter rods and all, just pull the shifter bezel off, take out two bolts, install the new shifter with the two bolts, and put the bezel back on.
Should cost you about $115.00 from your local friendly Chrysler Dealer.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fantastic! Thanks for the reply. Do you have this shifter? Do you like it better than stock?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have one sitting in the box on a shelf in my workshop. My new 392 isn't here yet.
We put one on a buddies 2009 SRT8 last month, and it works great. Shorter throw than stock, and looks 1000% better in my opinion. Just follow the directions, (real easy, about 1/2 hour at most), and you will think you have a new car.
Good luck, Rob
The part is # P5155284AB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts