Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone show me a pic or give instruction on get the knob and the chrome ringed plate around shifter off. I need to black out that chrome the glare off of it kills my eyes. thanks

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
The chrome ring is easy. It just pries up. Be careful to go all the way around and pry a little at a time.

On the shifter knob, you have to pull that chrome ring down.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I luv the look, can you also put a pistol grip on this?
Im not sure, I just used the stock knob. But I do seem to remember that the Auto shifter was completely different then the shifter & knob that came on that kit, I mainly just used the manual kit for the bezel ring & the look of the boot vs the auto plate.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Flat-head screwdriver. That's all you need. Push it down from the top of the chrome piece, then pry up gently. Pop! It comes off easy.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you guy's are awesome I have been worried about this forever finally decided to ask some and pop the thing is off. now when the weather comes back to something civilized I will paint it a brushed nickel color which will keep the silver look without the glare off of it. thanks for everybody's help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts