Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got about 400 miles on my RT 6 Speed now, and noticed the shifter itself has loosened up a bit. Is this normal?, and what else can I expect as this beast breaks in :thumbsup: Thanks !!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What did I say???

Guys This is not a trick question... Doesnt anybody have a six speed and notice the shifter handle loosen up after a while (not as tight)????:)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Im a little confused... is your shifter handle coming loose from the stick itself or are your shifts starting to become noticeably more loose.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I have heard of this... Just pop the shift boot bezel up and you should be able to tighten the 2 bolts that hold the shifter handle on. I would add a drop of thread locker on each bolt and the tighten.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes

The handle itself seems a little looser.. I will keep an eye on it then tighten it up.. Wow already have to do this after 400 miles???:scratchhead:

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have almost 13,000 miles on my RT and the gear shift is fine. Drives better with each passing day. Mine is a daily driver as well.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good news: Pulled the trim ring and shifter bolts are fine and tight... At least I know how to remove that ring if needed!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have had mine for 2 years and have about 2000 miles on it. The shifter was real tight early on but has gotten smoother.

I put the skip shift eliminator on mine as I HATED the forced 1-4 shift at mild acceleration.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts