Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Shifter Shaft Extension

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  David L. Chacon 
#1 ·
Wondering if anybody knows if it would be possible to somehow replace shifter stick with an extended one? I want to get a custom knob and really think an elongated shifter shaft would give it more of a classic hot rod look. I did find one online but the item description said it was for offroad and show purposes only... Should I keep dreaming? :dunno: lol... Thanks in advance :)

#2 ·
As long as it works I don't know why it would be listed as off road and show only. Maybe a liability issue because of the length in case of an accident. Just a guess.

#3 ·
Should be an easy mod.

I take it that your car is a 6 speed, if you are talking about an inch or so, you can just cut the shaft and add the required length and angle then have it welded it back together at least that is what was done back in the day!
as long as you keep it hidden with your shifter boot, the angle is what you will have to be careful with and not going over-board with the length.....

#6 ·
there is a guy on ebay called coreshifters and he sells aftermarket sticks for the challenger. I was wanting to do the same thing as you and he said the only was was to use this adapter he made that allowed you to install any hurst stick you wanted. Look him up and shoot him an email. He was very helpful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.