Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my car on sports mode or manual mode whatever you want to call it. I was on 2nd tried shifting to 3rd but didn't shift till it kept going to a higher rpm then finally shifted same thing happens when I tried going into 4th
Anyone know if this is a known issue for this model or any way to get it fixed.
Will a TCM or PCM update fix the issue?
I really want this resolved if possible. Even in auto has it's times. Any help would be much appreciated
2010 Challenger SE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,385 Posts
the 5-speed utilizes continuously adaptive shifting algorithm - if you shift manually and hold gears longer, it will do so. If driving more moderately, it will upshift more quickly, but you have to drive in that way for a few miles to let it 'learn' what you're driving like to adapt to the different mode you're operating at.

Its not instantaneous - for example, you drive more forcefully - it won't revert to more moderate shifting until you drive a few miles in that style and let it start shifting on its own...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 5-speed utilizes continuously adaptive shifting algorithm - if you shift manually and hold gears longer, it will do so. If driving more moderately, it will upshift more quickly, but you have to drive in that way for a few miles to let it 'learn' what you're driving like to adapt to the different mode you're operating at.

Its not instantaneous - for example, you drive more forcefully - it won't revert to more moderate shifting until you drive a few miles in that style and let it start shifting on its own...

Any benefits if I do get an update let's say a diablo will I be more in control?
I'll probably let it adapt to me since I'm still learning how to use it and downshift

·
Super Moderator
15,385 Posts
I have more experience with Diablo + manual trans, so I'll let other's respond to that.

IIRC, you can change the shift points (WOT), but I can't remember if there's anything else that might reduce Torque Management - this is mainly how much power output is permitted during upshift cycles.

·
Super Moderator
15,385 Posts
Was driving in 3rd shifted on its own but stayed in 3rd?

With auto-stick, if you've selected 3rd for example, it will remain in that gear. If you slow to lower speed, it can downshift, but will still be limited to whatever gear you've manually selected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts