Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come to the conclusion I am not too crazy about the shifting points on my SE, the car seems to go a little too high up in the RPM range and the car is not pulling any longer and then finally switches gears.

My question is has anyone else noticed this and what are your thoughts on it?

Is this something a Diablo or Predator tuning would correct? or is this bout what I should expect?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
What is too high of RPM for you?

The car will shift pretty early if you're not on the gas. Try letting your foot up a bit.

The Predator can not adjust shift points for our cars. What it can do is enable proper configuration of the autostick, which will let you shift 1-5 when you want, rather than the default behavior of the limiting top gear selection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think that's the first time I've seen someone complain about it shifting at too high of an RPM. I hate the fact that the thing wants to go into OD if you let off the gas a smidge, bogging it down. Then you've got to REALLY lean on it to downshift and get moving. Seems like there's got to be a solution to the shift point issue...revalving maybe?

I'm telling you, as soon as STS builds a turbo for it, I'm getting it boosted.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Normal driving the car tends to shift pretty well, I think your right about when you lay on the throttle. Really hitting the gas and the car redlines before shifts... anything that fixes lead foot? sounds like the cars fine :)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Another note on this that someone may find useful. If you're not up to operating temperatures yet the car will tend to stick to a lower gear longer, and often not go into Overdrive. The higher RPMs will heat the engine up faster, its emissions related.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I always use Autostick so I shift when I want. Around 4000-4500 keeps it in the torque curve pretty nicely. If you want to go Banzai, rev it to 5000 and you are breaking the law before you know it. The Predator disables kick down while in Autostick mode so you don't have to worry about it shifting when you don't want it to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts