Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received the VOTS e-mail today that my R/T Classic is shipping out. Dodge estimates about 2 weeks for shipping time, and I was just wondering if anyone in the STL/bi-state area could let me know if that's about right, too short, too long or what. Been waiting on getting this bad boy since late March, so needless to say, I'm antsy. Haha. Any input is appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hope you get it soon but there is no such thing as a normal shipping time. My car was built on a Monday and was at the dealership that Friday. Other people have had their car in shipping for weeks. Does not make any sense I know but when it does come in all will be forgotten! Good luck Seatbelt. And let us know what you think of it when you do get it.

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
The good things going for you is STL is a large city so dealer probably has enough cars ordered to fill the truck from the rail yard, and STL is on the major rail lines and that will save time too, I think you will get it sooner than later, let us know and congrats!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
565 Posts
Generally your car will leave the Brampton Plant on a truck for the Rail loading / staging facility in Brampton. Then, within 1-3 days, it should be loaded on a railcar for the STL/CHI region. It will leave Brampton, cross the border and head to Chicago or Indy, 1-3 days travel time depending on the train and other traffic.

Your car will probably wait one to four days in a classification yard in the Chicago area for a train to STL. Once it is marshalled to a train headed to STL, it will then head south, an additional day of travel. Next, it will go to the vehicle processing center in STL. Most likely the one next to STL Downtown Airport in East STL.

Next, it will be marshalled in lines for the dealership where it will wait for a truck to come and pick it up to deliver it to your dealer, 1-3 days. Then dealer processing...

I am in the Metro East side, where are you?

Good luck, hopefully it will be here soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts