Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 plum crazy purple R/T Scat Pack
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear some rattles up front hitting bumps. At 131k I suppose it's time for shocks, struts, etc... I wanted the Mopar P5155435AD upgrade kit but it's on forever backorder. Suggestions please.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Oh man, I waited months for that kit a couple years ago when I ordered it for my '10. Then when it finally showed up, it had the front shocks for a 2011-up so they didn't fit to my lower control arms. I had to order 2 front shocks for a 2010 SRT to complete the kit.

I wonder if it would be easier to order each part individually?

·
Registered
2016 plum crazy purple R/T Scat Pack
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh man, I waited months for that kit a couple years ago when I ordered it for my '10. Then when it finally showed up, it had the front shocks for a 2011-up so they didn't fit to my lower control arms. I had to order 2 front shocks for a 2010 SRT to complete the kit.

I wonder if it would be easier to order each part individually?
From what I’ve read all you need is a longer bolt and a couple washers to make the fronts work. There is a Mopar kit with just the shocks and struts but it’s near the same price...

·
Super Moderator
15,351 Posts
I've run Bilsteins on my cars for 30+ years - still my go-to brand and they last a long time and over their service life keep their efficiency.

If you have an R/T, the Bilsteins will be much firmer than the Sachs units it was equipped with. Much tighter valving characteristics.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Im with Hal on this one. You can always change the lower shock bushings to the 11 and up to accommodate the newer front shock.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I would change the whole lower control arm then. It's been a while since I looked at it but as I remember, the 2011-up bushing has a longer bolt sleeve, is larger in diameter, and it is actually lower on the control arm. Putting the new style (Taller) shock on the old control arm with a higher mount location might slightly raise the front end. That's if you get it to work with washers and a longer bolt.

This is the pic I took when I encountered this. I thought about using washers and a longer bolt, but it just didn't seem proper to me. Went with the 2010 SRT Bilsteins for the front and completed the kit. The car handled awesome after.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts