Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have a 2014 3.6 SXT on 20” staggered Hellcat Replicas, 275/40 on front and 315/35 on rear. Looking for new shocks and spring to handle the big wide tires better. Looked at B6 billstein with Eibach Pro kit lowering springs but I’m afraid the wheels will contact the fender. Trying to keep it under 1K for a decent setup better than the OEM if possible . Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Yeah I think the Eibach Pro-kit will be too low in the rear. I have 275s in the rear and you can see it's close!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I think the Eibach Pro-kit will be too low in the rear. I have 275s in the rear and you can see it's close! View attachment 999950
Yea thought so. I don’t know much bout cars but kinda new it would be too low , plus my rear wheel sticks out just a bit past the fender. Need to get my fenders rolled pretty soon.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
226 Posts
I was able to do Eibach Pros with 315s. I did have to get control arms though to get the alignment right but I’m not rubbing with my MRR392 wheels. It’s all dependent on your backspacing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm... was also looking at these ? Mopar track upgrade .. height reduction about .5” which for me is doable... thoughts ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just my opinion but .5 inch isn’t worth the time, money and effort.
Yea that’s understandable , I’m not interested in lowering it , just looking for better than the factory on the V6.. but every spring set I come across are lowering springs. Wish I new more bout cars.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
226 Posts
Yeah the Eibach Pros turned out way lower than I was expecting. It’s not for everyone and it’s not fun pulling into driveways😀

Something in between may work better for your needs. Just worried that you may not see much of a noticeable difference at .5 inches drop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m gonna call couple shops and see if any will be willing to look at it and give me recommendations. Not an actual inspection but just drive up and visual look at it , not sure that makes sense . It did in my head 😂
My big concern is the back wheels 😢

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,608 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) My Eibach Pro drop on my SXT Plus

With my drop, I wouldn't be too concerned with any rubbing on fender lip. My tires are the same height as yours, so the clearance would be the same. Your tire obviously sticking out more, and my fenders rolled from the factory

BadAPP13 has 315s in rear on a more radical H&R spring drop. He hasn't been on the forum in 6 months, so unsure if he'll see this to advise on any rubbing over dips, etc.

The Hellraiser wheels are +25 offset, if your HR2 wheels are Factory Reproductions 11" they are +22 offset

Here is a 2014 on Sprortlines, which is even 1/2" lower than the Pros

Your car looks great BTW (y)

A Guy

Reactions: ABN13 and hemi1031

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,345 Posts
Hmmmm... was also looking at these ? Mopar track upgrade .. height reduction about .5” which for me is doable... thoughts ? View attachment 999984
Your stock suspension is what is known as the Touring suspension. Touring is an old Celtic word meaning “Crappy Ride” or “Rides Like Crap”, depending on the translator.

The kit you have pasted the screen shot of will improve your car’s ride quality, cornering ability, and help shorten stopping distance.

In other words, that Mopar kit deserves some serious consideration based upon your stated goal(s) for the mod.

Reactions: hemi1031

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your stock suspension is what is known as the Touring suspension. Touring is an old Celtic word meaning “Crappy Ride” or “Rides Like Crap”, depending on the translator.

The kit you have pasted the screen shot of will improve your car’s ride quality, cornering ability, and help shorten stopping distance.

In other words, that Mopar kit deserves some serious consideration based upon your stated goal(s) for the mod.

Noted 👍🏻 I will come back after I have decided what to do and give an update.

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
What about when you hit a speed bump or turn hard, or have anyone in the car?
While it is possible to go so low that things begin making contact when you hit bumps while carrying passengers, the vast majority of the time it just causes the suspension to bottom out (uncomfortable but not damaging except to the rubber jounce stops). If you are going fast enough or carrying enough weight, the underside of the car will actually make contact with the ground, and that will result in a beat up undercarriage.

Reactions: JavierA

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quick Update: I ordered the OEM track suspension upgrade that I posted the pic of.
Ordered got canceled due to being on back order until sep 30th 🤦🏻‍♂️ Maybe that was a sign smh

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,608 Posts
I did notice most places I looked at listed the P5155435AD as Contact us for availability

A Guy

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
Quick Update: I ordered the OEM track suspension upgrade that I posted the pic of.
Ordered got canceled due to being on back order until sep 30th 🤦🏻‍♂️ Maybe that was a sign smh
You can always source the parts separately. The Bilstein front struts may be hard to find, at least they were when I was looking last. Everyone seemed to be sold out. I think it was TireRack that I ended up finding a couple in stock.

The rear Bilstein shocks can be found in several places - SW, SL, RA, TR, take your pick.

As for the springs, I’m sure SW would be able to get a set, if not check TR or SL.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You can always source the parts separately. The Bilstein front struts may be hard to find, at least they were when I was looking last. Everyone seemed to be sold out. I think it was TireRack that I ended up finding a couple in stock.

The rear Bilstein shocks can be found in several places - SW, SL, RA, TR, take your pick.

As for the springs, I’m sure SW would be able to get a set, if not check TR or SL.
SW ? SL ? RA ? TR ? Sorry but I have no clue what those stand for , not much of a car guy lol summit racing has all 4 billstein shocks , found these H&R spring that lower 1.7 front and 1.5 rear , thought on these ? Keep in my my wheel size from original post.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just realized the H&R springs have the same drop rate as the Eibach from earlier 🤦🏻‍♂️

1 - 20 of 26 Posts