Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The shocks on my 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat are already worn out. Is there any aftermarket shock absorbers that I can check out?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,579 Posts
The Bilstein dampers like (used to?) come stock on the SRTs are dang good. I’ve put them on all 3 LXs I’ve owned so far, and they’ve much improved the ride of each one over its stock suspension dampers.

In an effort to save money, I actually tried several different alternatives on my Charger before finally settling back on the Bilsteins. They are the best out of all the ones I’ve tried so far.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,034 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,763 Posts
Whatever you get you are going to need adjustable ones, The Viking and the Bilsteins that came on your car are the only 2 I know of that are adjustable. The old SRT "Core" or Super Track Pack Bilsteins are not adjustable.

·
Super Moderator
16,666 Posts
how many miles on the '15? Those 3 mode (ADS) BIlsteins aren't cheap about $500 per corner.

if you went with anything else, you'll need to have the car flashed to ignore the "service suspension system" messages once the connectors are no longer attached to the OEM shocks.

that's been my caveat about the 3 mode shocks - they're expensive to replace and shocks are a wear item just like brakes and tires

·
Registered
15,916 Posts
The shocks on my 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat are already worn out.
What happens when you put it in Sport or Track modes? They don't stiffen up?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts