Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got a 14' rt and got quote from livernois and comparable shops to do full supercharger package. I want to make sure I go with the right shop that will do the best for my application.

The shops I'm considering are Watson, BEI, and Walsh. After reading a few others having less than desirable experiences with livernois, they are kind of off the list as of now...

The package is basically headers, cooling system upgrade, x pipes, fuel system upgrade, whipple supercharger and all supporting upgrades and dyno tune. Watson and livernois said the package should put me around 600 at the wheels.

I'm sure some are more affordable than others but the general price of all the shops is in the 14k range some a bit more some a bit less...

Whoever I spoke to at Watson was great made me very comfortable, emphasizing that whoever does the job should make the car like factory reliable and any sputtering, stalling or idle issues are the shop failing and not a result of the upgrades if done properly... I liked that guarantee that they would make sure it's right..

Anyways, does anyone have any info on theses shops or recommend any other better played in Michigan??

·
Registered
2015 R/T
494 Posts
Theres a shop near Fraser that installs Procharger systems cant think of the name Mancini is also in area. sorry but as I get older the memory isnt as good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I had never heard of Arrington. I just got off the phone with them and like you said they are in the middle of a move from the ownership change and are moving in new equipment, things seem kind of hectic over there but in going to send them the package livernois put together to see what they would do comparably...

So far my gut still has Watson as #1, most of these shops have rushed me and not made me feel like they care at all and for being about to spend 14-20k... I'm gonna need a bit more attention. I'm going to wait to speak with Arringtons engineer before making that judgement as I just spoke with a sales guy but I really need to know that if the thing needs additional tune tweaking that I won't be rushed out the door...

Much appreciate the responses guys is really like to hear anyone's experience with Watson...

·
Registered
408 Posts
I did a Magnuson install in my garage last summer with some tools from harbor freight. It doesn't require much more than a few ratchets, torque wrench, screw drivers, hose cutter, fuel lock remover and soldering kit. I only needed help a few times from friends. If it's not your primary driver, I'd take a shot at doing it yourself; you will learn a lot and save a decent amount of cash. I've had shops screw up the most simple tasks so I don't really trust anyone else to do a good job with my car. If you're worried about downtime and it's your primary car, I'd ask why you're adding a supercharger to your primary vehicle; especially a Whipple.

If you want to do things right. You're going to need to add an oil cooler, larger radiator, power steering cooler, larger brakes, strut braces and wider wheels and tires. 7-8 pounds of boost will probably put you at 550 crank with headers. No way is it going to be 600 RWHP, that would be around 700 at the crank. I'm in process of taking off the front end again and adding my cooling upgrades, brakes are next.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts