Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shop estimated max 4 hours for install on a 2014 5.7
Does that sound about right?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
Just the catback? Shit I could do it in 1-2 on jackstands in my driveway lol

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
604 Posts
Shouldn't take an experienced shop with lift more than one hour! Took maybe 2 hours on my back in the garage on jack stands my first time? Requires simple tools: ratchet/impact gun, couple sockets, swivel adapter, extension, torque wrench, deadblow hammer, block of wood, pry bar + spray lube, spray penetrant & anti-seize.

1 - lube & slip off rear rubber hangers
2 - unbolt clamps
3 - lower & remove factory exhaust
4 - raise & install new catback
5 - anti-seize & torque any clamps
6 - level & center the tips in the rear fascia

4 hours for headers? Yes, much more laborious.

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
847 Posts
i installed a zoomer on mine took me an hour and a half and half of that was getting it up on jack stands.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys must be young and nimble both of I am no longer, I'm sure it would take me 2 hours to get it on jackstands and gather my tools. I'll tell them 2 hours tops or I'll walk and they will lose the tire sale too. Thanx for the feedback gentlemen.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
4 hours at a shop sounds about right. You are paying for the use of their tools, their lift, their tech, their electricity, and the use of their building.

Obviously you could save a bunch of money by doing it yourself. You could also shop around for better price.

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
847 Posts
4 hours at a shop sounds about right. You are paying for the use of their tools, their lift, their tech, their electricity, and the use of their building.

Obviously you could save a bunch of money by doing it yourself. You could also shop around for better price.
that is factored into there hourly rate. Doesnt mean they can pad the time and add hours.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
that is factored into there hourly rate. Doesnt mean they can pad the time and add hours.
Book time is based on installation of factory parts, there is no book time on anything aftermarket. Really, when it comes to aftermarket, the shop can charge whatever they want and if the customer doesn't like it, they can shop around for a better price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts