Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had stopped by my local Chrysler in Brooklyn but didn’t get much help as the sales staff was busy with customers and I’m not buying until the spring. That said, I’m currently in northern Florida for the holidays and decided to stop by a local dealership to get some information. This particular place had just received two Scat Pack Wide Bodies. Neither of them were the car I wanted (color or transmission) but the staff helped me out with tons of information. I’m looking to buy a 2019 SCWB in the next six months. I’m looking at the wide body being the only option package as I’m no fan of automatic transmission or sunroofs. This particular dealership stated that they could get me this car for circa 46k plus taxes and fees. I did not negotiate but I’m wondering if this is a reasonable price or if better deals are out there. I realize that manual transmission cars will probably have to get ordered from the factory and would probably not be in most dealership inventories.

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
Probably going to be best to order since you want:

>SP wide body / no options
>no sunroof
>M6 trans

I'd suspect most are probably going to be loaded up, A8 versions on dealer lots.

Finding non-sunroof cars is a 50/50 on a lot inventory.

This was you have control over what you're getting and probably get your order in ~ 6 weeks before you plan on having it

·
Registered
27 Posts
You will probably have to order yours. I was in the same boat. I wanted a Scatpack widebody with a 6 spd, no sunroof and the napa seats. After talking with several dealers in the houston area, one straight up told me thats no way i will find a car like that since its not the way a dealer would order it(needless to say that dealer never heard from me again after saying that). If you look nationwide you MAY find a couple that match your specs or are close enough. When I was looking i found a few that were close just missing one or two options i wanted(mainly summer tires or sound system) but i went ahead and ordered mine so i got exactly what i wanted instead of having to compromise or deal with transporting a car/buying a car you dont see before you buy it. Yours seems to be a pretty low optioned build so it would probably save you money to order one exactly how you spec'd it unless you find an over-optioned one and they just let you have it for a steal.

those are just my 2 cents since i went thru this whole scenario two months ago and just got my baby delivered 2 weeks ago!

·
Registered
13,539 Posts
This is your base Widebody,

$38,995 Scat Pack 23G
$1,345 Destination
$1,000 Guzzler
$6,000 Widebody
$47,340 MSRP
$45,361 Invoice

So $46 is above invoice and you can do better than that. I'd expect you can get this car for closer to $44 plus tax and fees.

Either that or he can throw in Driver Convenience Group which is a nice option to have and is $1,095.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
11,595 Posts
I had stopped by my local Chrysler in Brooklyn but didn’t get much help as the sales staff was busy with customers and I’m not buying until the spring. That said, I’m currently in northern Florida for the holidays and decided to stop by a local dealership to get some information. This particular place had just received two Scat Pack Wide Bodies. Neither of them were the car I wanted (color or transmission) but the staff helped me out with tons of information. I’m looking to buy a 2019 SCWB in the next six months. I’m looking at the wide body being the only option package as I’m no fan of automatic transmission or sunroofs. This particular dealership stated that they could get me this car for circa 46k plus taxes and fees. I did not negotiate but I’m wondering if this is a reasonable price or if better deals are out there. I realize that manual transmission cars will probably have to get ordered from the factory and would probably not be in most dealership inventories.

Thoughts?
be glad to build one for you at invoice or even better.....
Luke>:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I ordered mine how I wanted it. Only two options, Wide Body and Harmon Kardon sound system. My car stickered for $48,985. Find good dealer and you'll be under invoice.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I will be ordering a widebody in the next few weeks myself. I have already decided that I will need to order it to get it the way I want. I personally want the auto, no sunroof, Plum Crazy Purple and most of the other options so I will have to order it to get it my way. I'm looking at pretty close to $55k as built on the build your own sight. I plan to keep it for a long time so I will get what I want, not some dealer leftover.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered mine in september from security dodge in amityville, seeing you tried to order from brooklyn i thought you could check security dodge, evryrhing went smooth with them, i optioned mine out to 54,000, i added almost evrything except the new spoiler cuz i really dont like the look, and i didnt get the scatpack stripe or the red brembos since i thought it was cheaper to paint them with someone else than pay 495, plus i painted them red with black brembo letters to mathc the theme of my ToRed scatpack, i basically paid the same price you see online when you build it on the dodge website

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Ordered my Wide Body 6 speed Scat Pack with no sunroof (Long Island dealer)....otherwise loaded to 53+K sticker

Paid 49K after negotiations and current Dodge incentives at the time of delivery.

Good deal....$1500+ under invoice

·
Registered
164 Posts
When I built a 2018 online there were over $2000 in dealer incentives. When I built my 2019 online there was only $500 listed so I will have to go to the dealer to see what they have. Dodge does not advertise much for incentives in the holiday commercials I have seen. I want a widebody so it has to be a 2019.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm on the west coast and payed $49605 out the door with wide body, A8, HK stereo, and rich alcantra leather( I'm not impressed).

After driving with the paddle shifters I'm not sure why any one needs a third pedal anymore. If the paddles were mounted on the column versus the wheel is the only thing I might like to see different but it may just be a learning curve.

The corners being the place I lose track of my paddles occasionally but should only be shifting on the way in or out anyway.

All this being said, I love these new automatics and really think the three pedal crowd should at least drive one before deciding.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I ordered mine in 12-03-18, and waiting for it to arrive (transit delay at this point). Options were Widebody, TorRed, Automatic (old guy w/ a bad back that can't deal w/ the 6 spd. anymore), Driver Convenience Group, Red Calipers, Plus Package w/ Black interior w/Scat Pack Logo, UConnect w/ NAV, and Alpine Audio. Stickered right at $53k. Invoice was right at $50K. Agreed out the door was right at $49K.

Hoping it will get here within the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
be glad to build one for you at invoice or even better.....
Luke>:)

You can't beat that offer, especially the or even better part! You could fly in and drive her home. That's one way to actually enjoy the break-in process because I'll tell you that it's the hardest part of owning a New Challenger!

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can't beat that offer, especially the or even better part! You could fly in and drive her home. That's one way to actually enjoy the break-in process because I'll tell you that it's the hardest part of owning a New Challenger!
I hear you, i said to myself i wont push it hard for the first 500 miles so it can break in. I only lasted 10 minutes driving it before i floored it

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
11,595 Posts
When I built a 2018 online there were over $2000 in dealer incentives. When I built my 2019 online there was only $500 listed so I will have to go to the dealer to see what they have. Dodge does not advertise much for incentives in the holiday commercials I have seen. I want a widebody so it has to be a 2019.
the most basic Challenger widebody, 8 speed auto, 6.4L with no other options
msrp $47896.00 which includes $1395.00 destinations fees

Luke

·
Registered
164 Posts
the most basic Challenger widebody, 8 speed auto, 6.4L with no other options
msrp $47896.00 which includes $1395.00 destinations fees

Luke
I plan to add a few options other than no sun roof but most of the other ones so I'm looking at close to $55k sticker. Not really concerned with red calipers or hood pins but almost all the rest. I will probably swap out the spoiler for something aftermarket anyway so I see no reason to pay for a factory swap. I pretty much have it built online, just waiting a few more weeks to build up my down payment. I also don't really meed all season tires in Las Vegas. If you were closer I would send you the details to see if you could build it.

·
Vendor
11,595 Posts
I plan to add a few options other than no sun roof but most of the other ones so I'm looking at close to $55k sticker. Not really concerned with red calipers or hood pins but almost all the rest. I will probably swap out the spoiler for something aftermarket anyway so I see no reason to pay for a factory swap. I pretty much have it built online, just waiting a few more weeks to build up my down payment. I also don't really meed all season tires in Las Vegas. If you were closer I would send you the details to see if you could build it.
be glad to build it and offer you our best price, something to keep in mind,

many dealers will quote you a price, do yourself a favor get an actual buyers order

you'll will probably find doc fees of anything from 499.00 to 1299.00, nitrogen fees, we have seen customer show us buyer orders from other dealer ranging as high as 799.00, they may appear to be offering a great price, but in real money, by the time they added all their bs, you would have paid much more......

we have no doc fees, no nitrogen fees, no bs, straight up pricing, we may not be the lowest 100% of the time, but I would bet we are darn close.....>:)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
18 Participants
A Guy
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing