Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like I may be looking for the impossible... I am going to modify 18" steel wheels to around 9-10" wide. So, before I do this I want to find tires that will work. I am trying to get a higher sidewall for a retro look, but I am running into issues trying to find something.

I would say something starting in the range of 255/55 18 in the front and 285/55 18 in the rear. But, I am not set on those sizes as that is just a starting point.

If you have any ideas your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
It seems like I may be looking for the impossible... I am going to modify 18" steel wheels to around 9-10" wide. So, before I do this I want to find tires that will work. I am trying to get a higher sidewall for a retro look, but I am running into issues trying to find something.

I would say something starting in the range of 255/55 18 in the front and 285/55 18 in the rear. But, I am not set on those sizes as that is just a starting point.

If you have any ideas your help is greatly appreciated.
305/45/18 is a good size, if you're gonna run Drag Radials ;)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm finding a lot of truck and SUV tires... UGH... There has to be something out there. Since I am going down to an 18" wheel I have to make up the space with a 1" taller sidewall.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found SCORPION ZERO - Front Size: 255/55R18 Rear Size: 285/55R18

These are tires you would find on a Porsche SUV...

The rears would create a little problem as they would be 30.8" overall size, and my SRT-8 current tires are 29" overall. I would most likely have to take my Mopar Lowering springs off the back.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I am going to wait until maybe some company makes a decent retro wheel... Until then I will probably just get new tires... or look for some cool looking aftermarket rims. I've been through the wheel thread, but so many have pictures you can no longer see so I will be going on the following websites:

Foose
American Racing
US Mags
CarID
Circle Racing

Can anyone think of another wheel company I am forgetting???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts