Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am bascically done with the exterior and currently working on the interior (white seats/white headliner/wood grain dash). I now want to turn my attention to under the hood...

I have the AFR shaker that looks great, but the rest is stock. I have been looking around and really all I am finding is the polished steel covers and billet products. They look good, but I have always been someone that wants to try something different...

Question: Are there alternatives to the billet or polished stainless items? (I am not a fan of carbon fiber and it would really not go with the old school theme of the tribute 'cuda). If so, I am just not looking in the right place??? Thanks for any leads!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Well for sure you do not want more "Plastic" items...

Just as a suggestion, just because something is billet or chromed it does not mean that you have to keep them that way you could, find a color that these items could be "powder coated" in, such as any color that is a Translucent color, lots of bad a$$ colors (powderbuythepound) these "translucent colors" go on any polished, chrome or billet item as long as they can withstand 400 deg. you are good to go!:thumbsup:

Just saying..................

David

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just as a suggestion, just because something is billet or chromed it does not mean that you have to keep them that way you could, find a color that these items could be "powder coated" in, such as any color that is a Translucent color, lots of bad a$$ colors (powderbuythepound) these "translucent colors" go on any polished, chrome or billet item as long as they can withstand 400 deg. you are good to go!:thumbsup:

Just saying..................

David
Very nice idea. :browsmiley: Thanks, David!!!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You ought to take at look at some of the "goodies" that Speedlogix, a forum-supporting vendor as well, has to to dress up the engine compartment.

Here's a direct link to that particular subsection of their wonderful website: Engine Dress-up

Have fun shopping, and

Best regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Just make sure...........

If you decide to powder coat, then just buy the plain "aluminum" units (they are even cheaper) than colored units and then think about changing out the rubber tubing with steel braided lines that makes a big difference in an engine carpartment and use what Jegs calls "magna clamps" these clamps look like the real "steel braid fittings" BUT you must hide the clamp under your hoses, I see people putting the "worm" end on top and that makes it look very unclean as hell :disgust:...................

Just saying:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts