Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody in NC have bolt on short heads on a 2010 R/T? Being told they wont pass state inspection on emissions by my dealer. Need some help..thx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My shorty headers are installed, runs great. New problem is the check engine light is now on and the dealer is telling me that it's the cat converter which I suspected as some type of oxygen/fuel sensor issue. Dealer says they cannot override software to clear and I have to go to a race shop to have new parameters installed to clear. Is there anyone one with a 5.7 with shorty's that can help in clearing the check engine or info that I can respond back to the dealer. Thanks from a frustrated Charlotte NC 5.7 owner!

·
Registered
73 Posts
U need a flash tuner to disable rear oxygen sensors, or you can go to a shop and have a custom tune done there. ive read where some have used spacers and adapters on the bung of the sensors to stop the cel, but others have said it didnt work..tune best route i would think plus tune will unleash some of the power

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.