Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
The guy at 2:30 missed the dirt in my lower passenger door. Makes me cringe every time I wash the white whale. Apparently it should not have happened due to the state of the art paint booths where they are so confident that no contaminants can get in. They missed the final inspectors station in the video...where they should have caught the two inch square flat spot in my drivers side rear bumper cover. I won't even get to the issues with the stripes (Ground Effects denies they applied those babies since the plant also does them). Aside from that..great video :pimp:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
What the heck is the guy doing with the right-angle grinder making those buff marks on the side panels? Is he signaling someone else to pay attention to those spots?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ha!! I'd like to know what hard-working-union-member was on break when my Challenger went thru fit and finish!!...........a blind man with a cane could have lined the trunk lid up better!! The guys working on fender to hood must have just come back from beer and pot break, (oops, I mean lunch).....Thankfully, the interior crew nailed it just right,...... as long as I don't get out of the car, it's perfect....................Even with my complaints, it's still an awesome car, thanks to the DESIGNERS!!

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
The guys working on fender to hood must have just come back from beer and pot break, (oops, I mean lunch
Maybe not Brampton, but I've heard similar stories about Ford Talbotville that made the Crown Vic along with CN railroad engineers doing coke at the console of their locomotives. Boys will be boys no matter what you do :5:. Maybe BB or Resume Speed can give some reasons how obvious body issues slip through the cracks...aside from "we're just human".

·
Registered
153 Posts
Maybe not Brampton, but I've heard similar stories about Ford Talbotville that made the Crown Vic along with CN railroad engineers doing coke at the console of their locomotives. Boys will be boys no matter what you do :5:. Maybe BB or Resume Speed can give some reasons how obvious body issues slip through the cracks...aside from "we're just human".

YouTube - ‪Detroit Auto Workers Busted on the Job Drinking Beer & Smoking Pot on Break.flv‬‏

this is highly secretive union on-the-job training...how on earth did you get this video?

you must be a brave man!!....just kiddin, i saw this video last year and was NOT suprised one truckin' bit. This is how all the shoe -shop employees behaved just before the jobs went to China....

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Very Cool!!!! Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ha!! I'd like to know what hard-working-union-member was on break when my Challenger went thru fit and finish!!...........a blind man with a cane could have lined the trunk lid up better!! The guys working on fender to hood must have just come back from beer and pot break, (oops, I mean lunch).....Thankfully, the interior crew nailed it just right,...... as long as I don't get out of the car, it's perfect....................Even with my complaints, it's still an awesome car, thanks to the DESIGNERS!!

Say you have my car! At least after my 09 I knew what I was getting into with the 11 so I had a buddy of mine come over and the day after delivery we loosened up, shimmed, and realigned ever body panel so now it is almost right. Not a lot I can do with the paint flaws. At least on this one they are fairly minor. Maybe they could out source painting to someone that does better quality. Say a high school auto body class.

Now to do something with the front tires/wheels being out of balance. 7 ounces of weight on one wheel...really Dodge?

And yet I still love the thing. Flaws and all. I joke that it indeed a Classic. It has the classic Chrysler build quality. At least the quarters have not started rotting out yet!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Say you have my car! At least after my 09 I knew what I was getting into with the 11 so I had a buddy of mine come over and the day after delivery we loosened up, shimmed, and realigned ever body panel so now it is almost right. Not a lot I can do with the paint flaws. At least on this one they are fairly minor. Maybe they could out source painting to someone that does better quality. Say a high school auto body class.

Now to do something with the front tires/wheels being out of balance. 9 ounces of weight on one wheel...really Dodge?

And yet I still love the thing. Flaws and all. I joke that it indeed a Classic. It has the classic Chrysler build quality. At least the quarters have not started rotting out yet!
Ha! Ha! So true! I'm waiting for the outside door handles to snap off like on my mom's Dodge Omni she bought new in 1981!

Should I still keep a ballast resistor and volt regulator in my glovebox?:)

·
Registered
193 Posts
My passenger seat belt was installed twisted and the paint on my hood has scratches under the basecoat. Tons of dust in the paint in a few spots. First day home I went sanded and polished several panels. I painted cars for 7 yrs one of the works factory jobs Ive ever seen. My buddies bought a week before was flawless. Go figure

·
Registered
526 Posts
Cool Vid

I must have a Tuesday to thursday built car,cant really ***** that much..some minor and I mean really minor flaws in the paint but nothing Im losing sleep over.for those that like to wear the rose coloured glasses and lament forever about "the good ole days" take a look at any of the big 3 unrestored original paint cars,the flaws are endless and lets be honest they relied to a large degree on brand loyalty to sell a car
Yesterdays Challenger is for sure like a lot of old cars a classic but todays Challenger is miles or kms ahead of the 1970 model
Just my 2 cents cool vid and very quiet in the plant,Walmart is noiser on a saturday afternoon:)happy motoring everyone:bigthumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts