Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2020 Scatpack last July and got a Deal with Power Dollars included on a Basic Scatpack in Manual Trans.Looking around on Dodges web sites I see few 2021 Basic Manuals if any 200 miles around me.
Seems that there are many 2020 still on dealer lots(Have no clue how many are manuals}
Know computer parts are getting harder to get for the cars.But glad I was able to get one last year and it just turned 1500 miles....JT

·
Registered
108 Posts
i think sales are up and production and availability of parts are scarce. they might just be building with what they can get ahold of, plus i think the auto out sells the manuals by 2-1

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,286 Posts
If you think scats are slim picking, look at/for new hellcats, or worse still, ..redeyes.
No local dealer around me, has any cats, new or used, least at my last few checks.
2021 has proven to be a bad year for dodge production numbers...I know of several guys whose 21 custom order builds have been seriously delayed..none of this is good with summer driving season coming in fast, but its been great for trade in value on top tier models.

·
Registered
470 Posts
If you think scats are slim picking, look at/for new hellcats, or worse still, ..redeyes.
No local dealer around me, has any cats, new or used, least at my last few checks.
2021 has proven to be a bad year for dodge production numbers...I know of several guys whose 21 custom order builds have been seriously delayed..none of this is good with summer driving season coming in fast, but its been great for trade in value on top tier models.
This is so true.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
i think sales are up and production and availability of parts are scarce. they might just be building with what they can get ahold of, plus i think the auto out sells the manuals by 2-1
Closer to 13 to 1, auto over manual. Manual transmission cars are roughly 8% of the total build. The rest suck. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
306 Posts
Makes me glad I ordered my 2020 Scat Pack in the end of July, still took till mid September to get, my wife was like why not wait till next spring, now I know why....

Good luck to those ordering 3 pedals

Regards,
Jim

Reactions: Loopy

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,181 Posts
we had same issue here in truck country. Love our M6 but the newer A8 are killer combo !!!

The 21 Charger is one fun shifting monster in track mode !!!!

Just drive one, if U not impressed there is no hope for u !!!! ROFL

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Bought my 2020 Scatpack last July and got a Deal with Power Dollars included on a Basic Scatpack in Manual Trans.Looking around on Dodges web sites I see few 2021 Basic Manuals if any 200 miles around me.
Seems that there are many 2020 still on dealer lots(Have no clue how many are manuals}
Know computer parts are getting harder to get for the cars.But glad I was able to get one last year and it just turned 1500 miles....JT
Not only are M6's rare in my area on dealers lots, when I ordered my 21' Scat they put allot of pressure on me to get the A8. I didn't so now I am glad I ordered the M6. I think they will phase out the manual in the next 2-3 years. That will make those cars with M6's much more desirable.

Reactions: TorRedWBTurp

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,549 Posts
Last year I find of PLMCRZY breaking down Manual vs Automatic for Scat Packs

A Guy

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Last year I find of PLMCRZY breaking down Manual vs Automatic for Scat Packs
View attachment 1019305
A Guy
In the US, 4:1 ratio. Interesting. Wonder where that ratio has to get to before FCA decides to pull the plug on the M6?

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,181 Posts
Is it just me, Dodge make VERY few of these rides................2293 global 1515 USA in my SRT 8 in 2014

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
In the US, 4:1 ratio. Interesting. Wonder where that ratio has to get to before FCA decides to pull the plug on the M6?
Of the 474 50th Anniversary SPWBs, 38 have manual transmissions. That's 8% for that variant.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Of the 474 50th Anniversary SPWBs, 38 have manual transmissions. That's 8% for that variant.
When the manuals are no more, those 8% will command a serious premium. IMO

Reactions: Loopy

·
Registered
1,695 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am sure the Autos are fine butttt many enjoy having a M6 like myself.
I am sure they will not make the M6s anymore in a few years but then again
Autos will not be made also since Dodge should have a New Challenger in the next 2 or 3 years.
Its just funny Not many if any Manuals in my area on ScatPacks but there are 2020s still on dealer lots most if not all are Autos.......JT(Pa,NJ area}

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Sounds like I should put my 18 m6 Scat up for sale with a sweet price of $100,000.
May be a little premature for that now. But in the future???

·
Registered
505 Posts
This is the only reason why I decided against a new Challenger at this time.
I looked at dozens and called about dozens of other on lots within 250 miles of me. For months.
Every one that interested me was an auto. No thanks.
And at the time I thought of ordering one the plant was shut down, plus rumors of not being able to order a M6.
And I wasn't interested in having a car shipped.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There are pretty much no new 2020 or 2021 manual scat packs out there. Any that are out there (which is very few) are way overpriced.

·
Super Moderator
16,627 Posts
that's due to dealers ordering for floor stock and by default the ordered A8 - most of the 50th Anniv were loaded up with options:
A8, Technology Group, NAV, Harmon Kardon audio, Sunroof, Hood pins, and the Alcantara headliner - above what the std. 50th Anniv Package included

the M6 ones were probably customer "sold" orders like yours where you heard of the 50th Anniv models and ordered it.

Reactions: cruiserdan
1 - 20 of 21 Posts