Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting into the performance upgrades.

I'm going to get a CAI, Cat-back, Predator, T-Stat for sure, and I get how and why these things do what they do.

My question is what benefits would I get from also throwing on Shorties and Mid-Pipes with High-Flow Cats?

Changes in sound?
Better MPG?
More HP, and if so, how much on top of the above parts?

Keep in mind, I know next to nothing about these parts. In fact that was the first time I've ever used those words outside of my head:scratchhead:

·
Registered
119 Posts
You're not alone, my friend.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Rt or SRT?
Shorties are gonna be great on an RT, not as much on the Srt. Generally shortys are gonna give you more upper rpm HP, where long tubes are more for lower end grunt. High flow cats are good but catless is better, if you can get away with it emissions wise.
Shorties will also shed a little weight off the nose over the stock manifold, as far as gas mileage prolly not much difference.
Ive seen some folks dyno sheets, on Rt at least they got I wanna say 20-30 hp with catless.
Definitely gonna give you more sound with headers and going catless, again prolly not as much but still more than stock with the high flows.
The tuning is really where you get the power from too, youll need that tuner.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response. Just to specify, it's for an RT Auto.

Can't go catless because of emissions.

So I'm trying to decide between Corsa Extreme and MBRP. Worried that Corsa may be too quiet or the MRBP too loud. If the shorties/high-flows are gonna add more noise, then the Corsa is probably the way to go?

I thought I read somewhere it was the opposite for shorties and long tubes. Shorties low-end power and longs high-end...

·
Registered
864 Posts
I wouldnt say MBRP is too loud, but it sounds beautiful. Personally dont like what Ive heard from corsa, sounds too european to me.
Definitely shorties/high long tubes/low, unless I been lied to my whole life... That would suck..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So BigBear, does that mean low-end or midrange is lost while top-end is gained?

And sharkcohen, thanks for reminding me. I meant to find some video clips of Solo's but totally forgot. Off to YouTube!

·
Registered
864 Posts
You may lose a little and gain more up higher or stay the same with upper rpm gains. I went the long tube way so I can't tell you exactly about shorties.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts