Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody i have a Dodge Challenger RT with JBL Air Intake, muffler Delete, and Carvan Exhaust replaced as my resonator. I’ve been deciding to go with 3 things as my next mod
BBK Shorty Headers, BBK Longtube Headers or just High flow cats. Now i live in the CA and my buddy have the same exact car as mine but with long tube headers never heard but other buddy’s say it’s screaming loud. Which he is getting rid of his car now because a lot of attraction to the car obviously in Southern California. And this is my everyday car But i do want it a little louder. Sadly it’s been hard to find high flow Cats online that will deliver to California. But i know long tube headers will delete my cats Forsure but if i go with Shorty headers will it still delete my Cats? I’ve always wanted headers from the beginning but my exhaust guy suggest i just delete my cats but my homies were saying it will be the same exact sound as having headers not sure short or long tube but all i know is if delete my cats i obviously have to get it tune right away which is more $$$. Let me know what you guys think! Thank You!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,636 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you want headers go with JBA cat forward headers, they are the only ones I know of that are 50 state legal. You will have to leave your factory cats.

I removed my resonators, installed Flowmaster Exhausts, and the car now sounds like beautiful thunder!. Just remove your resonators and you'll be pleased with the sound.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have a set of JBA shorties (legal) and Solo high flow cats sitting in my garage. Going to start the install next weekend. The Solo cats are not supposed to throw any codes and based on my last two smog checks I didn’t notice the tech looking under the car. Even if they did, the high flow cats have the same general shape as the factory ones and I doubt they would notice. I’m also in CA. I just passed smog last month so I’ll have 2 years before I have to stress about it again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts