Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 challenger scatpack widebody. Thinking of buying jba shorty headers to install. What do you guys think? Any thoughts of the exhaust sound after installing? Any hp and torque gains?

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
The 6.4 (392) comes with shorty headers, I think you will find very little gain over the factory headers, the 5.7 factory may be a different story but not by a lot from what I have seen posted on this site.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
909 Posts
The 6.4 (392) comes with shorty headers, I think you will find very little gain over the factory headers, the 5.7 factory may be a different story but not by a lot from what I have seen posted on this site.
Good advise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Def would listen to these guys. I spent 16 hours over the weekend a couple weeks ago installing JBA ceramic shorties on my 2015 RT. Def woulda preferred to go with long tubes but this was less exp esp since they fit right up to my oem cats so no replacing any other tubing. Also i was worried about shoe horning the long tubes up since i was working with jackstands and wasnt sure the car would be high enuf off the ground.

I did it more for the sound than real hp gains. Not much of a change at idle but WOT is just insane with my borla cat back. Was it worth spending hours creatively reaching all 17 10mm bolts and removing the 3 heatshields WITHOUT removing the motor mounts and jacking the motor up a couple inches to make life easier? Yes but not if u ask my wife. Also had to borrow a o2 sensor socket from advanced auto parts (def gotta remove the driver side manifold sensor to get that heat shield off. What a lifesaver that tool was!)

I sent data logs to sean at hemifever before and after the headers. He didnt need to make any tweaks to my tune after the install so i dont think they made any sig increase but thats not the same as a dyno tune obviously.

Enjoy that SP bud! Amazing car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts