Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at putting a set of shorty headers on my 2010 RT
Trying to decide between the JBA ceramic coated shorty’s & the stock mopar shorty’s off the SRT 8’s
JBA’s are $595 + cost of buying oem 6.4 gaskets/bolts.
Anyone know where I can find the SRT 8 shorty’s at online?
American Muscle has them but as a package with mid-pipes for $595ish
Also anyone have any experience with the ceramic coated headers? Are they worth the extra $$$ ?

·
Super Moderator
14,674 Posts
keep this in mind:

with the aftermarket shortys for 5.7s, they'll bolt up to your OEM mid pipes (these have the cats)

for the SRT shortys you'll need SRT midpipes. The flange position and pipe diameter is different that the 5.7s

another item if you get '15+ SRT shortys get the mid pipes from any '15 - current - the collector neck is longer on that the '14 and earlier design

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that pretty much answered my question. Sounding like I might go with the JBA’s since they should fall right into place & bolt up to my existing mid / cats etc
That way I’ll be able to drive it to the muffler shop & get the high flow cats put on.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I went with the SRT shorties in my R/T , its a 2016. Posted above is correct about the mid pipes, however its not a bad idea because if you are considering high flow cats, or catless pipes you can get them to match the 3” exit on the srt shorties.

I got mine for $120 used from offer up. Less then 10k miles guy went with long tubes. Patience is key.

I am running them with 3” solo high flow cats and mid pipes, necked down to my 2.5” catback (stock RT size)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Ceramic will help keep the heat inside your pipes, and not let it warm up the engine bay as much. It will also help with corrosion resistance if the headers aren’t stainless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts