Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered an Diablo Intune DCX tonight from Marylandspeed.com. I also ordered a catch can, since the tuner will be delivered to me first should I wait for the catch can to come in first before tuning?

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
I just ordered an Diablo Intune DCX tonight from Marylandspeed.com. I also ordered a catch can, since the tuner will be delivered to me first should I wait for the catch can to come in first before tuning?

Won't make a difference if you tune it first or CC first. Oil is already pooled in your intake so waiting to put the CC on isn't necessary. Get the CC on as soon as you can though to prevent future pooling in the intake. Clean your TB and TB butterfly (both sides) when you install you CC.

Reactions: DTru

·
Registered
305 Posts
Won't make a difference if you tune it first or CC first. Oil is already pooled in your intake so waiting to put the CC on isn't necessary. Get the CC on as soon as you can though to prevent future pooling in the intake. Clean your TB and TB butterfly (both sides) when you install you CC.
can you explain more on cleaning tb/butterfly?..is that where the hoses connect or butterfly valve on intake?thanks

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Take the TB off and look at the back of it, if there is oil or build up then clean it. I used a little carb cleaner and it worked fine but dont spray it directly on the TB, spray on a rag.

If you really want to clean it then you can take off the intake manifold and clean up the pooled oil and residue.

Reactions: KJ392
1 - 7 of 7 Posts