Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger RT 50th, HK, full double layer ceramic coating, full external debadged
40 Posts
Hey guys i bought this 19’ scat pack widebody a while back and i’m wondering if i should take out the cats and replace with a straight pipe? i have the mid mufflers out and i’m planning on taking the rear mufflers out as well with the cats. if i remove the cats will it also throw a code and make me lose power like a limp mode? i’m just looking for the loudness of it for cheap
Why is it that these kids want their cars to sound like that guy hauling ass to the toilet after he was thought he got away with eating those delicious chocolate squares from his wife’s purse?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Leave them on. They don't muffle the sound. From experience I have been checked for 'cats'. I had a 79 Cutlass that I put a built 350 in back in the day. I had Hedman headers with Dynomax Super Turbos and monolith cats. It had a great rumble at idle and roared when floored. The local police in our nearby beach town loved to check loud cars for 'cats'. Besides they serve a useful purpose helping to eliminate air pollution. I am old enough (55) to remember how bad car exhaust used to smell in traffic.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
971 Posts
Um Borla Atak and ALL the cats, told to LOUD all the time...............

I am hearing impaired so tell sheep to **** off !!!

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,410 Posts
Leave them on. They don't muffle the sound. From experience I have been checked for 'cats'. I had a 79 Cutlass that I put a built 350 in back in the day. I had Hedman headers with Dynomax Super Turbos and monolith cats. It had a great rumble at idle and roared when floored. The local police in our nearby beach town loved to check loud cars for 'cats'. Besides they serve a useful purpose helping to eliminate air pollution. I am old enough (55) to remember how bad car exhaust used to smell in traffic.
You bring up a good point. The converters really aren't there to muffle the exhaust. That's what the mufflers are for.

My 2020 Scat Pack with the factory exhaust has a very good exhaust sound and a bit louder than I would have expected based on my 2018 Hellcat experience.

While I'm sure the Scat Pack exhaust could be made louder it is plenty loud enough and any changes would bring not only loudness but possibly drone, and issues with the engine management, read CEL and error codes.

·
Registered
831 Posts
These threads continue to develop beyond what’s necessary...

OP has been given the risks/negatives. He’s been given the positives.

It’s a individual decision based on all sides involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker Widebody, 02 Pontiac Firehawk Car #33, 02 Pontiac Firehawk Car #155
162 Posts
IMHO you can get what you want and stay behind the cats. KISS principle. Always works for me. But previous post is correct, it's your car. Do what makes you happy! (y)

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,410 Posts
These threads continue to develop beyond what’s necessary...

OP has been given the risks/negatives. He’s been given the positives.

It’s a individual decision based on all sides involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One reason I replied is is I wanted to see of one of the participants of this thread was going to send me another vile private message -- via "conversation" -- and again display besides his lack of good manners, his lack of even keyboard courage and lock the conversation thus not allowing me to reply in the "conversation".

21 - 27 of 27 Posts