Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got up early to run out and get rock salt and get a full tank of gas for the bad winter storm that's coming through the St Louis area. Should have stayed in bed. Old guy thought he'd try and pass on the shoulder of the road on the right when I was making a right hand turn with my right turn signal on. $2100 initial estimate for a new door and paint/blending. Door won't open and me and the shop are pretty sure the front door hinge pillar area and latch post are tweaked too atleast, won't know about the rocker or rear under seat brace till the tear it apart. Only thing that looked damaged on the old guys 04 Grand Cheroke was the headlight and a few bumper scrapes.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Your door looks nasty. Sorry to hear about the collision. Keep us posted on the repairs.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
That's enough to piss the Pope off!

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
That sucks, good luck on the fix.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yeap, when roads are really bad that's when ya have to take the beater, or call in sick.
Good luck on the repair.
:smoker:

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Sorry to see that happen. Hopefully she will be fixed good as new.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Doh, that sucks. Sorry about your car. :(

At the rate people are crashing into us, there won't be many "pristine" Challengers left.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Sorry to hear, that bites!

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Damn that sux! Good thing though is it looks like the damage was all on the door and not the 1/4 or fender...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Doh, that sucks. Sorry about your car. :(

At the rate people are crashing into us, there won't be many "pristine" Challengers left.
Only way to keep a car pristine is to keep it in the garage and travel only by trailer.

Don't think I'd ever be able to do that, too much fun to drive!

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
That bites. Maybe have a '72 half ton chevy for those kind of runs. Salt, Milk, Bread, Beer?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Very sorry to see what happened to your car. I would have completely blown up if someone damaged my car doing something stupid like passing on the shoulder when you have your signal on.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Sorry to hear about this , it's always a difficult thing to see. You can never account for other people's stupidity or lack of attention. Another "Me First" moron strikes again.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
.. damaged my car doing something stupid like passing on the shoulder when you have your signal on.
Oh, Holy Manure !!:(! Geesh, and just a few hours ago while coming back from taking pictures at that Dodge dealer and listening to the radio... I'd thought of posting about this massive storm that's encraoching on at least half of the Nation. affecting upwards of 100,000,000 people _ according to reports. Here in Chicagoland, the forecast is upwards of 2 feet of snow,with winds up to 60mph and possible Snowdrifts to 10 ft !!!! I was going to boldly state : Please All Challengertalkers...please be careful and keep Challengers under cover !!! I hope an officer came/was called and this "fella" given a ticket for driving off the roadway, failure to yield....see, what else ???:disgust:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sorry to see this good luck on the repairs.

Thats why I dont even bother moving mine in this weather.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Oh, Holy Manure !!:(! Geesh, and just a few hours ago while coming back from taking pictures at that Dodge dealer and listening to the radio... I'd thought of posting about this massive storm that's encraoching on at least half of the Nation. affecting upwards of 100,000,000 people _ according to reports. Here in Chicagoland, the forecast is upwards of 2 feet of snow,with winds up to 60mph and possible Snowdrifts to 10 ft !!!! I was going to boldly state : Please All Challengertalkers...please be careful and keep Challengers under cover !!! I hope an officer came/was called and this "fella" given a ticket for driving off the roadway, failure to yield....see, what else ???:disgust:
That's why I came to sunny Florida for the winter.....sorry to see that happen to anyone...I feel your pain :(

·
Registered
85 Posts
If I didn't have the wife's Buick to take to work tomorrow, I'd be calling a cab. We're supposed to get a foot of snow here in the Ozarks. No way I'm driving the GTO in that. HELLS NO.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
I never like seeing Challengers damaged, especially from negligent drivers. I hope you get it back quick and good as new.

Jack

1 - 20 of 31 Posts