Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
I am curious about the gear change. Is this a factory option or something you purchased and installed? That seems like a major change. Is the stock gearing not in the 2.6x range? I have a 2010 rental SE right now and it seems the engine is pretty capable but it takes several seconds in first gear to hit 4000 rpm, which is where the power is. It seemed with a 5 spd, they could have made first lower. I think with stock gearing it will do 50mph in first. Seems way too tall. How has your gearing affected mpg?

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
just a few appearance mods mostly

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
^^^^^^ The gear swap hasn't affected mpg much. Maybe 1 mpg. The rpms at cruising change. 70 mph with 2.87 gears was 2000. With 3.64 gears 2600rpms.

Not a factory option. We purchased the 3.64 complete rearend from a member here. My husband crawled under the car and did the swap in the garage. Took him 2 days to do the change laying on the floor. It is best to get a complete rearend/pumpkin. Much easier to do the swap. You will need to have a Predator, so you can program the gear change in the car.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Has anyone thought about adding the new Mopar 10 front hood yet? Not to fake people out, but just because it looks totally awesome?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts