Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
American Racing Torq Thrust M 20/10 18mm offset 295/40/20 and 20/8.5 18mm offset 245/45/20.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Show off your tires that stick out a bit!

When I first saw this, I thought someone wanted a pic of my belly.:slap:

·
Registered
625 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
mrproffitt asked me about clearance behind the tire to shock. Couldn't figure out how to send pics to him in a private message so I put them up on this thread. Might help out some others too. I can put a couple of fingers between the back of the tire and shock cover and not touch.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
This a new fetish I wasn't aware of yet? :naughty: "Old school vibe", you say? Yep, I got what you want, baby: 17x7 HRH wheels with -6mm offset and 235/60 tires. Can't imagine what it would look like with a wider setup and I keep it on the narrow side to avoid both the Ben-Hur look and the tickets. I'm already 1.2" beyond where the stock wheels were.

Currently sporting rear splash guards to complete that redneck thing I got going. In the future I might jack up the rear and paint the car red with a white zebra stripe (nah, just throwing that in to really piss people off :up_to_something:).

ETA: Just to be clear and because of some comments I see, I'm not saying that mine is the setup to have, either for max traction/grip or to impress people. 7" rims and 235 tires aren't going to cut it for too many people here. I gave my exact specs to be informative, and rim shape/offset alone are the reason why my wheels stick out, which was the topic of the thread after all (not wide tires).

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
This a new fetish I wasn't aware of yet? :naughty: "Old school vibe", you say? Yep, I got what you want, baby: 17x7 HRH wheels with -6mm offset and 235x60 tires. Can't imagine what it would look like with a wider setup and I keep it on the narrow side to avoid both the Ben-Hur look and the tickets. I'm already 1.2" beyond where the stock wheels were.

Currently sporting rear splash guards to complete that redneck thing I got going. In the future I might jack up the rear and paint the car red with a white zebra stripe (nah, just throwing that in to really piss people off :up_to_something:).
235/60/17's would only be about 8.5 inches wide not even close to what I need heck I think that size fits most mini vans :) my 295's are almost 4 inches wider thats old school and not any type of new fetish for me heck if I could fit n50's they would be there.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
This a new fetish I wasn't aware of yet? :naughty: "Old school vibe", you say? Yep, I got what you want, baby: 17x7 HRH wheels with -6mm offset and 235x60 tires. Can't imagine what it would look like with a wider setup and I keep it on the narrow side to avoid both the Ben-Hur look and the tickets. I'm already 1.2" beyond where the stock wheels were.

Back in HS I had a 1974 Charger that I put L60-15's on the back. That closely converts to 275/60R15 today with huge sidewalls. Yes, I must have been a redneck... LOL :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
235/60/17's would only be about 8.5 inches wide not even close to what I need heck I think that size fits most mini vans :) my 295's are almost 4 inches wider thats old school and not any type of new fetish for me heck if I could fit n50's they would be there.
Oh, I'd love more meat in the rear (that sounded so bad), but 235 is the stock size and I wanted to keep the same wheel diameter to play it safe for starters. On 7" rims I'm only gonna push it to 255 next, if I can fit 'em safely in there. With that kind of offset (dish, yum!) there's limits to what can be done and my car's a sleeper of sorts.
Those pics from everybody are reassuring because I was starting to feel like my car was a bit on the freaky side. Add the stock 4x4 height to that and it's clearly outside of your typical CT canons, not that I care much.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Back in HS I had a 1974 Charger that I put L60-15's on the back. That closely converts to 275/60R15 today with huge sidewalls. Yes, I must have been a redneck... LOL :bigthumb:
Back in HS I had L60-14's on the rear of my 1970 Satellite.

:D

1 - 20 of 88 Posts