Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking...happens on occasion...

I was always trying to think of a great background for pictures of my car. The places exist, but how many of them can you park your car in front of to get that killer picture? I tried with S.F. Bay, the Pacific Ocean, but access to roads where there is just you and the water behind it are hard to find, or hard/impossible to get to. So, I finally got some pics with the Golden Gate bridge in the background. Other than parking space lines, and people, it was a pretty darn good spot.

So, let's see your pictures in front of landmarks. Grand Canyon? Mount Rushmore? Famous Mountains, Bays, Oceans, etc. I know I have seen some here, some of you already have them. Post them up! Let's see you improve a landmark by putting a Challenger in front of it :)

I'll start, The Pacific...not so great

The Golden Gate Bridge...now we're talking :)

If I ever get time, I could get a pic with Alcatraz in the background, but it would be pretty far away

A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Here is one from Memorial Park it is on the Inner Coastal Waterway
Also photos from Boca Grande, the very wealthy island.Here the Gulf of Mexico,in back ground
the other is under Bayan trees
There not famous,unless you live in our area ,,lol
But for us it’s a great short cruise , back roads and no red Lights
or much traffic

Attachments

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Hiding from the Po Po in the woods. Just kidding, it's near the bike trail by my house, there is a pond near by and a bench I go sit on and have a cigar. Incidentally if you look close this is when I had "Ghost Stripes" down the side of the car, after seeing this post I kinda miss that look.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
Here is one from Memorial Park it is on the Inner Coastal Waterway
Also photos from Boca Grande, the very wealthy island.Here the Gulf of Mexico,in back ground
the other is under Bayan trees
There not famous,unless you live in our area ,,lol
But for us it’s a great short cruise , back roads and no red Lights
or much traffic
Love pic #3. Great looker.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I’ve really been slacking on taking pictures of my car. I also hate when the opportunity doesn’t present itself. You know heavy traffic, no place to pull over or I’m so involved in the drive that I just don’t think about stopping. I had my car in numerous countries while stationed in Germany the first time and didn’t get a photo in any of them and this time back in Germany I’ve been so busy that we haven’t had any time to travel.

Regardless, I have a few photos of some places. I’ve posted most of these at some point on CT. Nürburgring, Germany/ pull off area before 7 Mile bridge(N bound) FL Keys/ Castillo de San Marcos in St. Augustine, FL/ Blue Ridge Parkway, NC/ Mountains in Southern Germany near Berchtesgaden, Germany.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
856 Posts
Here are some more from when I first got the car. Where I live in Germany we are only about 15 minutes from being in the Black Forrest region. Most of our Sunday drives are through the curvy roads in the Black Forrest. These are a few photos from a drive back in 2013. The last photo is of our favorite Gasthaus (Guest House) in Garmisch, Germany. The location of The highest peak in the German Alps.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Here are some more from when I first got the car. Where I live in Germany we are only about 15 minutes from being in the Black Forrest region. Most of our Sunday drives are through the curvy roads in the Black Forrest. These are a few photos from a drive back in 2013. The last photo is of our favorite Gasthaus (Guest House) in Garmisch, Germany. The location of The highest peak in the German Alps.

Great pics! I was stationed in Germany as a young airmen in the late 1990's at Spangdahlem Air Base. Loved it! Beautiful country, wish I had my 13 R/T back then so I could cruise down the autobahn! All you guys have beautiful cars. Keep the pics coming!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Great pics! I was stationed in Germany as a young airmen in the late 1990's at Spangdahlem Air Base. Loved it! Beautiful country, wish I had my 13 R/T back then so I could cruise down the autobahn! All you guys have beautiful cars. Keep the pics coming!

Thanks! This is my third time stationed here since 05’. I also grew up here some as a kid while my Dad was in the Army. Being here is like being home, especially since I’ve spent half my life here and have my moms family (she’s German) living here. Although, this is my last time here. We’ll be moving back next summer and I’ll do a few extra years over 20 and be calling it quits. We’ll be headed back to Pinehurst, so I’ll be down the road from you and I hope to work out at Camp MacKall again. Since it’s only a 20 minute drive vs going onto Bragg.

I need to dig through my hard drive and grab some more photos for you all. Take care and everyone else please keep the pics coming as well.

·
Registered
856 Posts
First one is: Entrance to the Grand Floridian Resort at Disney.

Second pic is at my daughters place in NY.

Last is Daytona beach Florida.>:)

Great photos! Were they from you last trip down to FL? I’ll have to try and get a Daytona beach photo next time I go home to a West Palm. After I’m back stateside of course. That is such a great photo by the ocean.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Found some more. At Neuschwanstein (Cinderella Castle) and also Hohenschwangau Castle (both belonged to King Ludwig II). A random dam in the Black Forrest and driving up a mountain to an ice cave in Austria.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Sorry y’all....I love sharing car photos.

Random Esso sign in NC. One of my stops at Speedlogix. Hanging out with Luke at Steve White Motors, when I bought his WRT wheels that he used to have on Big Red. The top of the Diamondback located at Little Switzerland, NC. Great twisty ride recommended by Luke.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Hellcat

Great photos! Were they from you last trip down to FL? I’ll have to try and get a Daytona beach photo next time I go home to a West Palm. After I’m back stateside of course. That is such a great photo by the ocean.

The beach pic is from 2017, I did go to Daytona in 2018 also, plus stopped in at SpeedLogix>:)
Make sure you stop in at SONNYS BBQ too:laugh2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Thanks! This is my third time stationed here since 05’. I also grew up here some as a kid while my Dad was in the Army. Being here is like being home, especially since I’ve spent half my life here and have my moms family (she’s German) living here. Although, this is my last time here. We’ll be moving back next summer and I’ll do a few extra years over 20 and be calling it quits. We’ll be headed back to Pinehurst, so I’ll be down the road from you and I hope to work out at Camp MacKall again. Since it’s only a 20 minute drive vs going onto Bragg.

I need to dig through my hard drive and grab some more photos for you all. Take care and everyone else please keep the pics coming as well.

Nice! Pinehurst is a real nice area. I work on Bragg, retired from Pope AFB in 2015..thanks again for posting those beautiful pics. You have a beautiful car!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Nice! Pinehurst is a real nice area. I work on Bragg, retired from Pope AFB in 2015..thanks again for posting those beautiful pics. You have a beautiful car!

Thank you. Who would have thought, it sure is a small world. Like I mentioned I hope that I can work out at Camp MacKall again when I get back. I didn’t mind the drive to Bragg the first time I was there as an instructor, but now there are so many more folks living out in my area that traffic going through the training area is horrible. It’s no longer just a nice long drive to unwind. I’ll keep a look out for you once I’m back. Hav a great weekend!

·
Registered
856 Posts
The beach pic is from 2017, I did go to Daytona in 2018 also, plus stopped in at SpeedLogix>:)

Make sure you stop in at SONNYS BBQ too:laugh2:

That’s great. I tend to stop by SX every time I’m back home. It’s easy since my mother in law is just across the street and my father in law is about 10 minutes down Okeechobee Blvd. Sonny’s has excellent BBQ, although I haven’t eaten there in quite some time. I’ll definitely have to hit up Daytona Beach sometime. Later....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts