Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time for a change guys. I've had enough. Won't be back for a while. You guys that are my friends know how to reach me.I wish everyone good luck with their cars.
I'm happy with low 10's and a daily driver, see you at the tracks.
Signing off for good.
John Lewis

·
Banned
1,655 Posts
Dont be a jack a$$. Get Your a$$ back here. We were complaining of how people need to grow thicker skins and now Your the one leaving? Come on John, Your one of the respected ones here and cant leave Ya D-bag.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
No way, this place will be not be the same.

Don't do it.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Sure gonna miss you and Trixie. You guys are a blast.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
What BS? Is it just normal bustin" or you getting grief we don't know about???

Sure hate to see you go. You're one of the guys setting the bar.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Don't look back. I found this place very distasteful as well after a time. I maybe post once every 6 months now.

Compared to other auto forums, this is one of the top 3 worst socially.
I think your all wet personally, I'm a member of several others and see it exactly opposite.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Don't look back. I found this place very distasteful as well after a time. I maybe post once every 6 months now.

Compared to other auto forums, this is one of the top 3 worst socially.
There's definitely a difference between the users on the boards, as expected. You don't get a any trash talk on many boards because the users are simply passing information. When I am looking for something for my pickup I go to TitanTalk and find whatever I need, but I wouldn't say it's entertaining there and definitely don't spend any time there.

On this board there is a mix of guys between the Go Guys, the Show Guys, and the newbies just excited at getting in the game. That's what makes it fun. Many of us correspond and are like a family and there's a bunch of bustin' that goes on. It's probably gotten worse since CamaroFest and ChallengerFest when guys got to meet in person and become better friends.

Maybe there should be community rooms where the newbies and thin skinned could be isolated from the rest of us. I know the forum is divided into sections, but many of us go to Active Topics so I seldom even know what topic a thread is under.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
It's time for a change guys. I've had enough. Won't be back for a while. You guys that are my friends know how to reach me.I wish everyone good luck with their cars.
I'm happy with low 10's and a daily driver, see you at the tracks.
Signing off for good.
John Lewis
Was this a melt down????????? Can give it but can't take it, I was just getting use to John's personality.LOL John ,you can bring the ball back any time your ready.
Tout09

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I think he is tired of Snake Oil this forum has become as of lately. You have more 600rwhp cars on pump gas than ever before lol!! Makes me wonder why did I build a 426 when I could have left my car alone bolted on a Magna Charger or KB raise the boost to 15 psi bump the timing to 15+ degrees all on stock transmissions?

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
I didn't realize you had to make an announcement to leave this forum? Don't most people just cry into their pillows?

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
My take is he has been going 90 lately getting ready to run ATCO getting stressed out some. Lost of smack talking, guys saying this and that about what there gonna build or have built. Some snake oil yes BW. I really don't get what satisfaction some folks get from the "Snake Oil" deal and I'm not pointing fingers at all!!
John's not one to let it roll off his back so it might be it just plain built up so much he's fed up. I don't know him nearly as well as Lot's on hear so heck I might be in left feild??

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I think he is tired of Snake Oil this forum has become as of lately. You have more 600rwhp cars on pump gas than ever before lol!! Makes me wonder why did I build a 426 when I could have left my car alone bolted on a Magna Charger or KB raise the boost to 15 psi bump the timing to 15+ degrees all on stock transmissions?
If that's what it is, I can understand it, but I hope he decides to stay. I can certainly understand the frustration.... Vendors will always talk their product up. I had no idea just a CAI could boost up to 20-25HP! I know it doesn't and won't, but Ive learned over the years to cut vendor claims in half at least.

The value of this forum is those of you who have blazed the way for those of us not ready to enter the fray yet. I consider, GSO, BW, Speedy, John and several others in that category (just can't think of the names right now). Folks who have goll darn gone and done it and are willing to share their experiences and knowledge with others. Remember HORT? Hell, I think he was one of the first ones to put a supercharger on the 5.7 auto (I could be wrong.. but I remember him doing things that haven't been done yet).

I freely admit I'm way more of a show guy than a go guy.. I can't afford to do the go-fast correctly, so I'll wait until I can. Until then, I have to live vicariously through y'all... Please don't start bailing, but if you do, let me know where you go, because I'll join that forum in a new york minute.

Vendors will be vendors.. they'll hawk their wares and make claims that probably cannot be duplicated by most folks. So be it.. But I could certainly understand how it is frustrating to those who have done it and know what it takes.

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
There was a lot less competition on posts back in 2008 when everyone was just starting to learn about the new challengers. People were all one group - challenger/car afficanados sharing what they learned, yet now there seems to be "different groups" or "viewpoints" - definitely a divided community now more than in the past.
Yet if you can let the BS rol off there is a lot of good input here IMO. I think John will be back.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
There is a lot of smoke and mirrors at times, lots of personalities, truth and dreams that are here, I think John just needs a break to find himself.
BW , you know why you did it the right way, doing things twice sucks.
Tout09

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
I agree with Jim in that a major transition in topics began when we had the 3 great Arrington builds followed closely by a few others. 17,000 plus members though are here majority wise not for FI or Fore assistance. Catch cans, jack points Tstats and on and on what we all went thru early on continues today to be the real need for those contemplating a purchase or early in to one. Now don't get in a wad as I love the real steamers too I'm just saying there are thousands and thousands of N/A owners and if you look at CT's daily posts it is lopsided toward the blowers, Torco and photochit BS.

As far as SRT, well I'll take an infraction maybe but I think he was just saying "show them to me" and let's just "live in harmony" like this.

TagTélé - Rodney Carrington´s- Show them to me

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
John you will be missed love your passion for the track and the Challenger :thumbsup:
Keep on Keepin' On brother catch you soon :guiness:

·
Registered
446 Posts
wow.....that sucks to lose John....he is both a great character and a good guy. If it really is the snake oil, I'm surprised he'd let that get to him as he can call "scoreboard" on a lot of the folks that talk smack or are the keyboard warriors......

Best of luck John!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts