Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to tint my side markers come spring and looking into it there are a few options:

Tint film - Seems a lot of places sell kits for the Challengers. Cost effective and not much labor involved, but not sure how they look or hold up over time.

VHT (or others) spray tint - Even most cost effective, looks good, but more labor intensive. Not sure how it holds up over time and does not address the back bumper reflectors unless you paint them on the car. Not sure if they can be removed.

Replace with tinted LED markers - My car is black, not sure how well they match up and are the most expensive option.

Looking for opinions pro/cons and what to look out for for any of the above options.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
VHT can come out either cloudy or really too dark as you try to apply more layers to even it out.
I went with extreme graphics tints on my R/T and they held up perfectly for the 5yrs I had it. Super easy, just take your time and get your prep right.
They are removable in/when, were as the VHT is not.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You look to have the LED marker assemblies, not the tints, since the whole thing is illuminated. Nice but more than $25
I have the smoked LED marker assemblies. Fit just like stock. The housings had the factory markings on them. The whole thing lights up & its bright. I didn't want to tint the stock ones. Minor point, but I didn't want to make the car any less visible.

Luxe has side marker tint kits for like $25. I have the tinted LED side markers and love them. View attachment 984929

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
984 Posts
I used the Luxe light tint on my side markers and dark tint on the rear reflectors. They installed very easily and look great.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,896 Posts
I installed Big Worm Graphix side marker and rear reflector tints the 2nd day I had the car (May 2016). They look great, and no change in appearance from the day I installed them. And this is 15,000 miles and many, many, many, many, many, many, many...did I mention many? washes

A Guy

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'd like to go dual tips on mine. Did you just change the tips or the whole exhaust?

I installed Big Worm Graphix side marker and rear reflector tints the 2nd day I had the car (May 2016). They look great, and no change in appearance from the day I installed them. And this is 15,000 miles and many, many, many, many, many, many, many...did I mention many? washes

View attachment 984983

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,896 Posts
Solo Performance Exhaust ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've done them all, Paint, tint film on our Charger, Challenger Durango, 300 and others.

I have even gone to the expense of removing and using base/clear coat.

I found these on Amazon and like them the best by far. Easy to install, fit and look great. I Did all the tail lights too.

The film has a little bit of texture on the back side which makes it easy install, and get any bubbles out.

Great price and I highly recommend.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
587 Posts
I have had the Luxe side marker and tail light tint installed for over 3 years. 100% satisfied.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts