Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I like 'em. Looks like they might be able to be removed if you got tired of them? Just make sure you get your paint to match...

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I'm with ya on the fake issue. I always had a hard time accepting the stripes on the Challenger for instance, as they're stickers, and the hood isn't made of carbon fiber.... But, they do look good.

I dunno, they say our engines aren't truly a hemi design, so maybe we're all a bunch of fakers...

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I'm with ya on the fake issue. I always had a hard time accepting the stripes on the Challenger for instance, as they're stickers, and the hood isn't made of carbon fiber.... But, they do look good.

I dunno, they say our engines aren't truly a hemi design, so maybe we're all a bunch of fakers...

:bigthumb:

You are not a faker. New motor is a hemi. Chrysler has just decreased the height of the sphere in the chamber to assist in flame travel and create a cleaner burn which generates more power and lowers emissions. Now chrysler is definately not the only one with a hemi head, just the one that really marketed heavily on its design.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
The only thing that bothers me about the louvers for the new Challenger is the gap between the lowest louver and the bottom. That gap is bigger than the spacing between the other louvers (to give the trunk clearance when raised). It just throws the symmetry off a little.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only thing that bothers me about the louvers for the new Challenger is the gap between the lowest louver and the bottom. That gap is bigger than the spacing between the other louvers (to give the trunk clearance when raised). It just throws the symmetry off a little.
Good point , guess it's more practicle as you say for clearence
I wonder if they just bolt on without any mods needed ?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Some are bolt on, some stick on. Not sure about the one in your link.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Just wondering what you guys consider real? Did the side scoops in the 1971ish challenger do any thing? I have a very real 1971 'Cuda with factory original really non-functional hood scoops. What is the big deal? Lots of cars came with really nice body decals and stripes.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
your challenger is supposed to be a retro of the 1970...not the 71

i wouldnt throw them on
Would have been nice if they would have give us a retro 1970 426 Hemi size vice and a 1957 392 Chrysler Hemi.

I personally like the 71 grill and side scoops but the 71 tail lights don't do much for me. But I have a Hemi and a Pistol Grip so life is pretty good. Plus I have a faster car than any of the 70 stuff. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I personally don't car for it but it's always been my opinion of "it's your car do what makes you happy"

Barring 26" wagon wheels or raking the ground. :D

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
It is a nice design. I don't know about the 3M tape though. I don't think I would do it because of that. But if you do..make sure you take some pictures.:guiness:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts