Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got all my parts I needed and put them on today. Made my own out of 1/4" ABS I bought off EBay. Used 6-Electrical Beam Clamps per side that clamped to the seam. They have a 1/4" threaded hole in them for the Stainless Steel Bolts and 1" Washers. Only took a couple hours to set the clamps even and mark out the ABS to drill it out for the bolts. I cut out a hole for the rear lift Puck to stick thru the Skirt. I think they look OK and happy with them. Real solid and I now have a place to know crap off my shoes getting inside. Had to wash off the mud from driving last night now I can see how the work starting clean. Had to wipe the car off fast it is freezing outside so I could put the cover back on. Not the best picture had vapor spots on the Len it is foggy here.
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Wheel
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior Tire
Bottle Bottle stopper & saver Font Glass bottle Rectangle
Water Liquid Hood Sky Fluid

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These Beam Clamps hold the ABS Solid up against the flat part on them. This left a even 1/8" Gap along the Skirt so water, mud can flow off and not build up on them. Easier to wash off not forcing the mud into a tight seam and build up behind later you can't wash off from the outside not going under the car.to do it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Rear Skirts can't go on a 2021 GT due to how they trimmed the plastic they mount to for the Muffler. Was ready to make them put it up an the Ramps to measure and make a Templet. On the older Challengers or not a GT there is way more plastic curving under. The edge you see from the outside is the cut off edge and does not go under the car except at the back in one spot. Took a picture of it.
Automotive tire Tire Tread Motor vehicle Automotive design

1 - 4 of 4 Posts