Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a Challenger - just started looking now - but I am only 5'4" and people tell me I wont be able to lean my arm on the side panel when I have the window open? That the seat is set far down ? Are there power seats that go up? I sat in a Camaro over the weekend - and noticed that the window were like chopped down really tight- are the Challenger windows like that too?

·
Registered
307 Posts
The power seats do raise, the windows are not as hard to see out of compared to the Camaro. That's the end of my short person knowledge, I'm 6'-3"

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) I am 5' 10", my left arm resides on the top of the door with ease. Heck, go to Dodge, take you 20 seconds to find out if you fit ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome. I noticed that it's not really the windows are chopped but it's more like the doors are tall. U may be a little up hill when I sit & put your arm out the window but who cares your in a challenger. Lol. A Guy is right, take a trip to your local dealer & take a seat but know this u will be hooked. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Your explanation of the Camaro is exactly why I didn't buy one. It was looking out the windows in a tank turret. And when I tried to use a drive up ATM, I couldn't reach the thing, windows were too small. Buy a Challenger, all the cool kids are doing it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your explanation of the Camaro is exactly why I didn't buy one. It was looking out the windows in a tank turret. And when I tried to use a drive up ATM, I couldn't reach the thing, windows were too small. Buy a Challenger, all the cool kids are doing it! View attachment 995325
I drive a Dodge Ram pick up now - the side windows are huge ! My other car is a Lincoln Towncar - its windows are huge too ! I will have to get to the dealer and see for myself I guess....... Love your Belle II

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,496 Posts
I am 5'-7" (5.7L LOL) my Wife is 5'-5" or so and has no problems in either one of our Challengers. All I can say is test drive one.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
4,894 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey. I am 5'10'' and very comfortable with my arm on the door with the window down. Like earlier comments,try sitting in one at a dealer. You definitely won't be disappointed. ;)

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,521 Posts
Coming from a 2010 R/T and now a 2016 SP both seats raised up. Also the older interiors 2008-2014 window sills are lower than the 2015+.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
It's not exactly a height thing. The belt line has gotten taller and the windows smaller on today's cars. I recall that cruising stance with your left elbow at the bottom of the window and your hand touching the top of the window. And your right hand on the steering wheel. You only switch hands if your girl is next to you (on the bench seat.)

That was on my uncle's 1968 Barracuda and my 1978 Buick Regal. I can no longer do that on the Challenger. The length of my arm goes pass the top of the window, and I do have that sunk in feeling. Resting my elbow on the bottom of the edge of the window don't feel right anymore. I suppose that's call side impact protection. More metal, more safety.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
Certainly height plays a factor, depends on range of adjustability of the seat. Also shorter people sit farther forward

A Guy

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
To hot here to drive with the windows down, but my A/C kicks azz. FYI-The A/C will shut down if you push the go pedal to hard, but it comes back on when you let off the go pedal.
Sorry can't help on the short comings I'm 6'3". Test one out in the color and equipped the way you want it because you'll be taking it home that's my only advice.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'm only 5'6" and with the seat adjusted up ( heightwise..Hahaha) I can comfortably drive with my arm on the sill. Find one with power seats and give it a go. I bet you'll be OK.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack triple nickel 6 speed manual.
161 Posts
I agree...the power seats raise pretty high so I don’t think height is a problem. In fact I’m 5’11 and I raise the seat cuz I like to sit higher when I’m driving.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts