Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will these work for our application (6.1)?

MFG#: M-9593-LU80

Currently running the Ford Racing 39.5/42lb injectors that came with the Procharger kit.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
you need to check the HEIGHT. make sure you dont need spacers.. is there a reason you want to go to 80lbs? bumping up psi?

Reactions: WA2FST4U

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The Procharger kit came with fuel rail spacers for the injectors, so they should be good as far as installation goes.

The 60lb injectors (Ford) are more than the 80lb.

I've maxed out the current injectors. Not a bad thing (power), but not a good thing either. :D

The custom cam really unleashed a lot of potential! Staying at 10-11psi for now.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Those will work but your going to need to use a .375" spacer and also more than likely the stock hold down bolt should work but if not then the m6 x 30mm bolt will do the job!!! It's trial an error when it comes to the spacer size so do your homework and try to find someone with your exact blower and injector to take the guesswork out of the equation. " What size are those fuel rail spacers that came with your Procharger kit?"

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those will work but your going to need to use a .375" spacer and also more than likely the stock hold down bolt should work but if not then the m6 x 30mm bolt will do the job!!! It's trial an error when it comes to the spacer size so do your homework and try to find someone with your exact blower and injector to take the guesswork out of the equation. " What size are those fuel rail spacers that came with your Procharger kit?"

Thank you. I will have to measure my current spacers to see if they are 3/8". Definitely some great information though because the easiest part of the installation could take the longest! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
The Procharger kit came with fuel rail spacers for the injectors, so they should be good as far as installation goes.

The 60lb injectors (Ford) are more than the 80lb.

I've maxed out the current injectors. Not a bad thing (power), but not a good thing either. :D

The custom cam really unleashed a lot of potential! Staying at 10-11psi for now.
ahh gottcha MORE POWER LOL!!

Reactions: WA2FST4U

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your welcome and let me know what you come up with regards to the spacer width?

Will do. Injectors will be here tomorrow. If my tuner gets the tune readjusted in time.. I will have them installed and have the spacer dimensions handy to post in a response.

/cheers

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Any plans to upgrade the fuel pump?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Cool, good luck and it sounds like things are all coming together nicely but you should look into upgrading your fuel pump to at the very least a 392 pump or better yet the Arrington Competition Single Fuel pump FTW!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any plans to upgrade the fuel pump?
This will be phase II. We (tuner and myself) want to see some logs with just the injectors first.

I'm on the fence running a high volume pump (other than the stock or 392 pump) with a daily driver.

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Hers a couple ideas, work for me.
Spacers for the injectors, I used 3/8 copper tubing. Can be cut to any length ya need and the rail will tighten down nice.
One the pumps, I do have dual pumps but I don't run through the factory wiring. I use a relay and pull battery power for the pumps and I use the factory pump wiring to pull in the relay coil.
On pump #2 I bring that relay in using a adjustable Hobbs switch set at 1 PS I.
With both pumps running continuous the fuel gets way to hot. I didn't like that.
On another note, buy more injector than you think you need. Spend the extra. You all know as well as me. Once you make 400hp you want 500hp, then 550 then 600 its a sickness I love.
FlatTop

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry to take over the thread but what do we need to make these work for a 392?
The injectors or something else in this post?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry, yes the 80# ford injectors. I just want to make sure I have everything when I order mine!
No worries :D

I ordered mine from Summit. Only because their two day shipping is so dang cheap and needed them before the weekend.

If you Google the part number: M-9593-LU80 There are better deals to be found.

I wasn't 100% sure if these would work - thus the post out there with those much, much more knowledgeable than I am to steer me in the right direction (big thanks to this site and its peeps!!)

The spacers I have that came with the Procharger kit "should" work (haven't measured them yet, but the injector size is the same) with the new ones.

To make 'em work:
- Injectors
- Spacers/longer bolts
- Tune

Will try and get a pic of the spacers with dimensions during the install.

Next will be the fuel pump. Flat Top has an awesome setup that I might copy. No need to heat up the fuel or burn up pumps when it's not needed. Not in boost 99.8% of the time driving around town.

Reactions: SRT8Line

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
This will be phase II. We (tuner and myself) want to see some logs with just the injectors first.

I'm on the fence running a high volume pump (other than the stock or 392 pump) with a daily driver.
I'm running a 392 pump in my 5.7 R/T with a Vortech, shorty headers and catless mids.

The 392 pump supplies just enough fuel for my setup with ST4 injectors. If I do any additional mods, I'll need to go to a higher capacity fuel pump, but for now I'm good.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Injectors have been installed! New tune loaded and back to the reciprocating log/tune cycle. But.. but!! I'm pleased to see 10.0 on the A/F gauge for a change!! Fuel deliver won't be an issue now. Time to sneak up on it instead of trying to figure out WTH is going on with the high A/F!

Runs great cruising around. The brief WOT's my tuner wanted sounded so much different than before. FAT comes to mind and had to check the rear view to see if I was simulating a diesel truck. I couldn't believe I was seeing 10.0 on the AEM A/F and it never moved!

Also installed the catch can at the same time.

Yes, the box has Ford on it.

80lb left / 42lb right

Yeah, need to clean it up now the rain has stopped.

Time to get the finished and then to a dyno. Hoping it's close to 600 but I could be dreaming. :D

Fuel Rail Spacer: 7/16"

So far so good (promising).

·
Registered
260 Posts
Subscribed for future reference thanks for this write this was exactly what I was looking for after chatting with Flattop yesterday and Johan.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts