Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the side walls of my front and rear passenger side tires have clear signs of rubbing on the side walls. Before anyone says it, it's not from curbing. Trust me. I have never noticed this before, but was wondering if it could be from hard cornering? I've had these tires (Nitto NT555 G2- 245front/315rear) for over 4 months. I've haven't really cornered hard with them till I recently moved back to Germany. PSI is keep around 32-34. Could it be a PSI issue? Or is this even something to be concerned about. I've seen roll, during hard cornering, on videos. However, I don't know of any potential risks or long term issues. Any input would be great.

Thanks,
Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
The tire is rolling over on hard corners. Need to up the pressure.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tire is rolling over on hard corners. Need to up the pressure.

Thanks for the input. Any recommendations on the PSI to use? The car is currently my daily driver and I just never know when I'm going to have the opportunity to take a corner hard. Reason being is one you leave a town and are on "country roads" the speed limit is automatically 62mph(100kph), unless otherwise posted. And some of the roads are awesome with their twists and turns. Which makes it fun when you can take a turn going 50-60mph since the car can handle it. Well tanks again....I figured it was from roll. I search some to see if I can get some PSI suggestions.

Tim

Signing off from somewhere in the Universe...

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I would say 36_38. With the weight of the car it needs a little more IMO. U might not stop the rear from doing it as it's a little too big for the factory rim. I don't think it will hurt anything though. Don't be afraid to play around with the pressure and see what works best.

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I would say 36_38. With the weight of the car it needs a little more IMO. U might not stop the rear from doing it as it's a little too big for the factory rim. I don't think it will hurt anything though. Don't be afraid to play around with the pressure and see what works best.

Thanks again. I researched some before going to work this morning and it does seem going to somewhere between 36-40 would help. I figured maybe I would research what psi guys run when doing road course driving. It seemed to me that then same type of driving style is present and that logic could be used. Although I could be way off... Your right in the fact that I'll have to play around and find that sweet spot.

The rear wheels are the stock WRTs, but have been widened to 10.5 inches. Bought them from [email protected] stevewhitemotors motors, they were on his Challenger "Big Red". Which is why I went with the 315s. Personally i wouldn't have gone that wide on stock width wheels. I play around over the next couple weeks and see what I come up with and report back. If anyone else sees this thread and has any input feel free to chime in. It'll help once the Army/moving company delivers my household goods this coming Monday, so I can have my tire gauge and compressor.

Later,
Tim

·
Registered
486 Posts
You haven't been driving on gravel roads by any chance, have you? They don't look very worn but rather scuffed/dirty.

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I haven't,but you have a point that they aren't really worn. Didn't catch that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts