Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to see my Black '11 Srt8 at the dealers and noticed that it had some very plain looking black plastic door sill plates, and not the nice brushed aluminum 'Challenger' plates. Is that because those are part of that 'Mopar Appearance' package? I may have to pick up a pair of those, but I wasn't sure if it should of had them or not.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I don't think it's part of the package. Most of us have had to buy them after the case. I think the only one that might have got them was the Mopar 10 R/T package.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Yes they are part of the MOPAR Appearance package. With that package you get the plates, car cover..The black ones are the standard plastic.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
They come with the Interior package option or yes you can order them on ebay for $125.00, they come with 3m adhesive, so easy install, Im gonna order them as well.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Just went to see my Black '11 Srt8 at the dealers and noticed that it had some very plain looking black plastic door sill plates, and not the nice brushed aluminum 'Challenger' plates. Is that because those are part of that 'Mopar Appearance' package? I may have to pick up a pair of those, but I wasn't sure if it should of had them or not.
Say man thats not a error. I have the absolutely fully loaded 2011 Inaugural Edition 392 and it did not come with the door sills. I got the door sills through a 500 dollar promotional appearance package courtesy of the dealership. With the 500 bucks they gave me towards the car extra accessories I choose a car cover, Challenger door sills, and a strut tower brace. I had to pay 75 bucks out of pocket because I exceeded the 500 buck limit. To answer your question, YES.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Some dealerships install all the Mopar accessories and some don't, and yes the door sills is part of the Mopar appearance package.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I know mine was ordered with the Appearance package and it still had the black plastic sills when it finally came in, not to mention the wrong wheels. The dealer stood behind me though and I got upgraded floor mats, door sills and the car cover along with a polyurethane paint coating for free for my troubles as well as the right wheels.
Some dealers will go above and beyond while others really don't care it seems.

·
Registered
458 Posts
My car had no door sill plates at all. I had sill plates on my old R/T and liked them.

I didn't get the appearance package. I ordered the sill plates with my $500 Mopar bucks, along with t-handle shifter, trunk mat, and a couple of sets of locking lugnuts. I gave away the trunk mat since I had one out of my R/T, and I have a buyer for the other set of locks.

The sill plates protect the paint and they look good. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Inaugural Edition Accessories:
window decals with Mopar emblem
quad exhaust tips with Mopar logo
white body stripes
body color front grille trim
white/blue leather seats and door panels
brushed aluminum center stack bezel
serialized dash plaque

Factory Mopar Appearance Package:
floor mats with Challenger logo
chrome door sill guards with Challenger logo
indoor/outdoor car cover with Challenger logo

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I just got my black beauty and didn't come with any door sill plates...My dealer ship wanted 145 for them...I told them to pack sand!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts