Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SRT8 Plasti Dipped the wheels!

Hey guys, this is my first post, I recently purchased a 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8, it has 5k miles and is in excellent condition. Soon after purchasing I Plasti Dipped the Wheels matte black because I wanted to be able to go back to the original condition of the car if I got tired of the black wheel look.

Id love to get some feedback, and would also like to see other Challengers with this combination!

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not a big fan of flat black wheels. I think it would look great with them chromed though. JMO.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Been toying with going with these. I have about 7 cans of Plasti-Dip

. I was thinking about the FF/GWE rims to see how it looked before I committed to paint and clear coat. Getting tired of the brake dust. Buying a set is way expensive for factory rims.

I also like the black chrome rims as well, but I want to keep them as the Alcoa rims and not some knock offs.

Once your committed to messing with the rims, your all the way in. The Plasti-Dip is a great idea for those that want to try without screwing up and having regret.

As for your murdered out rims? I personally am not a fan, but that's just me. See if you can trim them out like the picture I posted when it comes time to remove the Plasti-Dip. I'm still trying to figure out the best approach to get it how I want it. Fully painting them and then trimming was a thought.

Like to know if it would be the best way to do it.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im thinking of adding glossifier to the wheels, personally I really like the matte look, it also makes more sense because the roads are gonna start to be salty and I want to protect the original finish of the wheels. I am not a fan of the trimmed look to be honest, but to each is his own haha.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Thought about going plasti dipped or powder coated but i think I like the viper reproductions in either black or gray better.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Here's shmine

[/IMG]

·
Registered
150 Posts
Looks awesome! I had a silver R/T on order when the factories shut down in 09. I wanted to do a carbon fibre black hood and a carbon fibre black trunk lid.

I love the look of the silver and black!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey guys, this is my first post, I recently purchased a 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8, it has 5k miles and is in excellent condition. Soon after purchasing I Plasti Dipped the Wheels matte black because I wanted to be able to go back to the original condition of the car if I got tired of the black wheel look.

Id love to get some feedback, and would also like to see other Challengers with this combination!

Thanks
I personally like black wheels on a silver car like your's! Looks sinister!

Michael

·
Registered
312 Posts
Safe to say that the Alcoa wheels never came black from the factory. Guy at the dealership was lying to me.

He claimed the factory pushed them out with black wheels for 3 colors for 1 year to try them out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts