Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wonder if anyone knows of any manufacture(s) that produce a wheel similar to the HRE-995r?

I would love to own a set of HREs, but I can't see dropping $8,000 on a set of wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just wonder if anyone knows of any manufacture(s) that produce a wheel similar to the HRE-995r?

I would love to own a set of HREs, but I can't see dropping $8,000 on a set of wheels.

I have been on that same hunt because I saw that same KW Challenger and think its bad a$$. The closest I can come up with, and they are still pricey but under $1000 per, are the AM Forged "prime" or "tribute". Now, I have yet to find the dunlop sport maxx in the sizes stated in the article. Not in 22" anyway. I went to wheelsnext and they have the coolest visualizer. You post a profile pic of your car, size the wheels, and see what any wheel looks like on your car. They allege that those wheels fit the srt but I wont order them until I get a written guarantee of fitment. Let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty close although I think the "Tribute" wheels may be a little closer to the HREs.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Now theyre not much cheaper, but the savini sv-3s are close. theres also the usw five gs, but again those aren't too far off the hres. Both of those would be about 1000-1500 for a set pending options.

·
Registered
69 Posts
theres also mht "newport", petrol "madrid", and gfg "Baghdad". unsure of the price range. Surely lower than 8 g's for a set.

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
I frikin LOVE those rims!

·
Registered
23 Posts
This setup is 20x9 front and 20x10 rear. As for tire sizing, Im not sure what Hennessey ran on this car, but we recommend 245x45 and 255x40.

The hood is a functional shaker hood.

Thats about as close as you can get. Especially with the matte black lip. Do you have specs on the wheels and tires in the pic? How wide are the wheels, offsets? And the hood? That car rocks!

·
Registered
406 Posts
I was looking for the same thing, and this is the closest that I could find in my price range BOSS Wheels - BOSS 61 They are Boss wheels, but these are 2-piece forged.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was looking for the same thing, and this is the closest that I could find in my price range BOSS Wheels - BOSS 61 They are Boss wheels, but these are 2-piece forged.

Good find. I just wish the spokes were brushed. The price is right. I just dont like the chrome as much. :(

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
American Eagle has a lot of nice wheels in their Boss Motorsports line of wheels, I just wish they made more in 18". I've had a set of 20" Boss 313 on a 4Runner for about 4 years now and they still look great. My wife would llove a set of black 334s on her Challenger but not in 22"!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Good find. I just wish the spokes were brushed. The price is right. I just dont like the chrome as much. :(
Yeah, I feel the same way. If I was to get them, I was probably going to brush them myself with a scotch pad, if I didn't like how they looked out of the box.

BTW, they make them in 20's also, if 22's aren't your thing. I have 22's now, but if I get the Boss wheels, I am thinking of going with 20's for a little better ride, and better tire selection. They don't have 20's listed, but when I contacted them, they said they were available also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts