Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a black 2wd 2005 Rumble Bee edition ram #0233 and it has the 5.7 hemi with 545rfe tranny.... I also own a 09 challenger R/T and I know that the engines are almost identical, but I was just wondering if there were any differences between the 2 engines... does the challenger R/T also have the 545rfe transmission?

The reason Im wondering is because Ive got tech books, manuels, write ups, installation manuels and a whole bunch of extra parts from the Rumblebee that I was hoping would also work for my challenger as well.(including a 6.1 cam)

Also Ive got an extra 180 t-stat from the truck and was hoping to put it in the challenger and wanted to know if it would fit and if the installation was basically the same?

thx for any help

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
From my understanding, the 09+ 5.7L's are a lot different than the previous 5.7s. The auto Challengers also have a 5speed Nag1 transmission.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info, i was also wondering this because ive got an extra "short belt" to delete the a/c and power steering for the track that i would use in my truck but since my cars in the shop i cant pull them together to compare and see if itll work

i believe the thermostat in the truck 5.7 is a 62 or 63mm do you happen to know what the challenger R/T uses?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
The difference between an earlier 5.7 hemi and an 09+ is that of the VVT heads which the 09's+ have. The thermostat from your truck is the same size used in the Challenger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts