Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without doing any exhaust work, what are the best options for a cold air intake and a performance chip?
If I were to do exhaust work, I see entire systems out there to purchase. Do you have to replace it all or can you just replace mufflers only?

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
While we are know for forced induction, I have quite a few options for cold air intakes for you.

My favorite is the JLT true carbon fiber intake. It flows well, looks awesome and is very light. Combine that intake with a Diablosport Predator or Trinity with our custom tuning, and you should gain about 20HP.

Please PM me if you are interested in intake or tuner pricing.

Thanks guys!!

Tim C

·
Registered
143 Posts
Best Mods

Hello,

Well seeing how a engine is nothing more than a big air pump, and the best way to get the most of the pump is to get air in as fast as you can, and burn the mixture as efficiently as you can and then get it out. That being said here is what IMO would be the easiest and most effective way.

CAI.
Airaid part# 350-199 .
Click Here for dyno.

K&N part#63-1114

FYI you should not have to a buy a tuner to make your CAI work. A well Manufactured CAI will develop RWHP & Torque on its own. Yes a tuner will enhance any Mods you do and give you more HP & Torque.

Diablo Predator tuner Part# U7135 & free interface U7888.

I am going to ad the Magnaflow cat-back #'s also.
Part# 16509 Street series less aggressive, 3.0" stainless steel, X-pipe, new 304 polished quad tips, lifetime warranty.
Part# 16510 Street series less aggressive, 3.0" stainless steel, X-pipe, re use factory tips,lifetime warranty.
Part# 16885 Competition series, aggressive sound, 3.0" stainless steel, X-pipe, new 304 polished quad tips, life time warranty.
Part# 16886 Competition series, aggressive sound, 3.0" stainless steel, X-pipe, reuse factory tips, lifetime warranty.

Click Here for dyno video, sound clip, and chart. For Magnaflow cat-back systems.

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions or for low pricing.

Regards,
Don
JDP Motorsports
888-308-6007

·
Registered
7 Posts
what are the odds of a cold air sucking water into the engine? a freind had a cold air and this happened and killed a cylinder and had to pay thousands for repairs.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I have never, ever heard of this happening to a street driven JLT intake Challenger. The JLT is drawing air from the same place the stock filter does while some cold airs pull the air from down below the bumper.

Tim C

·
Registered
143 Posts
what are the odds of a cold air sucking water into the engine? a freind had a cold air and this happened and killed a cylinder and had to pay thousands for repairs.
Most your CAI sit in the stock location such as Airaid, K&N. The system your friend had must have been below or not protected form water. Click Here for a view of a CAI protected. As you can see were it sits and how it is shielded also sealed up against the hood. Did his car get submerged in water?

Regards,
Don
JDP Motorsports
888-308-6007

·
Registered
645 Posts
Look at the mods in my signature along with my track time. They are simple mods! my exhaust is modded but using factory pipes still. :smokin: The catless mids are only put in when I am going to the track, otherwise, I put the factory catted mids back in......they only take an hour to switch out.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Don and/or Tim,..... I've got a Borla catback and a TruFlow CAI. Not really sure how much HP I've gained with those 2 but I'm guessing around 25HP??? Would a predator or trinity tune & headers give me much more HP. I'm guessing one of the tuners would be 1st on the list.

Anyone?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Diablo Tuners & gains

Hello Chris,

Diablo Predator part# U7135 states that 5.7L will get 20 RWHP & 20-25 ft lbs of Torque. The 6.2L will get 20-25 RWHP & 20-25 fl lbs of Torque. Will you get this amount I do not know each car and each mod is going to change what you get. Will the tuner help you get more RWHP & Torque and will it enhance your Mods yes. We have installed these units and have seen substantial gains.

The difference between the T-1000 Trinity and the Predator is the Trinity is a heads up display that allow you to change a few more parameters. It also has a Virtual Gauge display for every function on your car, a Virtual Drag Strip times, ET, 60 ft times, 1/4 mile and 1/8 mile, plus Diagnostic code center.

I hope I have answered your question. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions or for our low pricing on our entire performance line. We meet or beat anyone's prices.

WE have this product in stock and can ship same day.

Regards,
Don
JDP Motortsports
888-308-6007

·
Registered
49 Posts
get the trinity, I think its worth the extra money.
I'm gonna compare the intake air temp readings on the trinity
between my cai and factory setup to see which is
getting cooler air.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts