Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to tunneling and putting chips on cars. I have a 2011 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus. I don't really want to mess with much on my car. I only want to do two things.

1. Take off the rev limiter so that when in neutral or park. I can rev it higher than 3800 RPM.

2. I want to change the shift point to the red line. I think it's 6800 RPM.

Please refer me to the cheapest or best tuner or chip that can do this for me. Thank you!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to tunneling and putting chips on cars. I have a 2011 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus. I don't really want to mess with much on my car. I only want to do two things.

1. Take off the rev limiter so that when in neutral or park. I can rev it higher than 3800 RPM.

2. I want to change the shift point to the red line. I think it's 6800 RPM.

Please refer me to the cheapest or best tuner or chip that can do this for me. Thank you!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting the engine to free rev greater than 3800.
No tuner will let you go to 6800 shift or redline with a 5.7. That will be a custom tune if you can find someone to do it. Expect to replace lots of parts if you have a stock valve train.
You always want your rev limiter higher than your shift points or you will hit the limiter every WOT shift you make and that will just make you look really bad.
With a tuner you can generally raise the rev limiter by 200 RPM over stock and you may be able to raise the shift points (not sure on a 5.7).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts