Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my neighbors just traded his SXT for 50th Anniv Scat Pack - at a cars & coffee meet today he brought it out

I noted there must be a supplier shortage of the non WB Gold Rush wheels - all the 50th Anniv SP on the lot had the same T/A 392 wheels.

Sinamon is slightly darker than Toxic Orange - that one is another member's car. He just got the SRT8 Green With Envy a few weeks ago that's on the other side of the Toxic Orange R/T
20200719_081323.jpg
20200719_081341.jpg

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,638 Posts
Both colors look good to me but then I'm partial to pretty much any variant of orange or red. I haven't seen when in the wild yet but hopefully soon.

Reactions: FreddyG

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
327 Posts
The car on the bottom looks so slick and clean with those graphics , just amazing.

might add the same graphics but in yellow on my granite silver scat.

those dont look like any i’ve seen before as they are much thinner , are they factory graphics?

Imagine a granite silver car with yellow side stripes.

good or no?

might do it instead of regular stripes.

thanks for the idea

·
Super Moderator
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd venture that Sinamon Stik is pretty close to the Burnt Orange Metallic but today's paints have more gloss, depth and the pearl adds more effect vs. how the old single stage paints behaved.

Reactions: SpeedShift

·
Super Moderator
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car on the bottom looks so slick and clean with those graphics , just amazing.

those dont look like any i’ve seen before as they are much thinner , are they factory graphics?

good or no?

thanks for the idea
That Toxic Orange model is the R/T Classic (OEM side stripes) the hood has aftermarket graphics.

With Granite - yellow is going to be a very high contrast. I'd venture either going with a silver graphic.
the OEM options were matte black (won't show much on Granite) gloss white or gloss red stripes.

Reactions: KWSPWB

·
Registered
157 Posts

good or no?

thanks for the idea
Those are the RT Classic factory stripes from 2009-14. I liked them way better than the 2015+ factory RT Classic stripes.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Reactions: raceheart77

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
327 Posts
That Toxic Orange model is the R/T Classic (OEM side stripes) the hood has aftermarket graphics.

With Granite - yellow is going to be a very high contrast. I'd venture either going with a silver graphic.
the OEM options were matte black (won't show much on Granite) gloss white or gloss red stripes.
A big yes for white ... even with stripes it would look amazing , my mind has always been on yellow.

white , havnt thought of it before!

I can only have 2 colors period on the car. “Laws”

so not even A mat black hood if i go with white.

why is there no black and white challengers?
but million of Black n white stangs.

would look sick with white for sure.

the prices on the “graphics website” seems outrageous to me ... in case i want order. Are they normal compared to having a local shop do it for you guys?

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
327 Posts
Quick question for anyone with experience on the subject

so i have xpel on the whole car... incase i order the stripes ,

will i have problems installing them over the xpel ?
Will they stick like they would on the body?

google was no help at all , not one result of someone asking this question.

Edit : everyone says stripes first ... but xpel is already on it....

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
327 Posts

white would look sick!

now that i have white on my mind i think rally stripes will looks amazing too!

just donnu if i can install over xpell at this point.

sorry for hijacking the thread , but you gave me the ideas lol

·
Super Moderator
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

graphics would adhere over the Xpel PPF as long as the surface is clean and prepped, those adhesives will stick to it

Reactions: KWSPWB

·
Super Moderator
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can only have 2 colors period on the car. “Laws”

so not even A mat black hood if i go with white.

why is there no black and white challengers?
but million of Black n white stangs.

would look sick with white for sure.

the prices on the “graphics website” seems outrageous to me ... in case i want order. Are they normal compared to having a local shop do it for you guys?
that's one I haven't heard of limiting the quantity of colors on a car. Some models could have multi-color graphics (such as paint is one color, stripe color and then a border on the stripe of yet another color)

·
Super Moderator
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those are the RT Classic factory stripes from 2009-14. I liked them way better than the 2015+ factory RT Classic stripes.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
Same here - that's why I selected the '11 - '14 style stripe when I added them to mine:
DSC00376.JPG

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
327 Posts
that's one I haven't heard of limiting the quantity of colors on a car. Some models could have multi-color graphics (such as paint is one color, stripe color and then a border on the stripe of yet another color)
Im Not in the us.
The us is car heaven regarding car laws.

anything From the factory is ok , specially what you described. Just a minimal touch of a third color.

Thanks for the answer man.

im thinking rally stripes but donnu.

all these pictures of side stripes looks awesome.

Same here - that's why I selected the '11 - '14 style stripe when I added them to mine:
View attachment 998635
prolly going to do the exact same thing as you. Im set on white.

don’t know if i can mention the website but are those Stripes from ridergraphix?

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,908 Posts

Yes, I have done it with much success, the only thing is, Xpel will need to be replaced in 10 years or less, so will your decals now that you put them on top of the Xpel...

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
327 Posts
Yes, I have done it with much success, the only thing is, Xpel will need to be replaced in 10 years or less, so will your decals now that you put them on top of the Xpel...
10 years ... well it Has lifetime warranty and it is not xpel brand but a brand called “ ultrafit”

it is the one of the best 3 shops in the country and i hope the shop still exists after 10 years lol

couldnt find xpel. But it look fantastic.

the shop’s reputation talk for itself.

its amazing how You are taking Xpel lifetime into consideration.

going to pull the trigger on one of the stripes . Just need a moment to think lol.

thanks again

·
Super Moderator
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im Not in the us.
The us is car heaven regarding car laws.

anything From the factory is ok , specially what you described. Just a minimal touch of a third color.

Thanks for the answer man.

im thinking rally stripes but donnu.

all these pictures of side stripes looks awesome.

prolly going to do the exact same thing as you. Im set on white.

don’t know if i can mention the website but are those Stripes from ridergraphix?
Yes those are Rider Graphix stripes - I've had them on both my cars. I like the quality / fit and durability.

Had my first car for almost 7 years and this one will be 5 years by November. Stripes were installed when I first got both cars

·
Registered
458 Posts
When I saw Sinamon Stik in person I thought it looked like a more glossy version of toxic orange which I have always loved. Those pics bring that out nicely. I really like it. My favorite color on the 20's for sure.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,908 Posts
10 years ... well it Has lifetime warranty and it is not xpel brand but a brand called “ ultrafit”

it is the one of the best 3 shops in the country and i hope the shop still exists after 10 years lol

couldnt find xpel. But it look fantastic.

the shop’s reputation talk for itself.

its amazing how You are taking Xpel lifetime into consideration.

going to pull the trigger on one of the stripes . Just need a moment to think lol.

thanks again
At the time I did this, the only product available here in the USA was Xpel.

Good luck having any material like this, lasting longer in the elements, then 10 years. I seriously doubt "ultrafit" (or any similar product) will last the lifetime of a vehicle, unless they actually plan on changing it out every few years under the warranty provisions.

Point maybe moot, doesn't really matter, most decals don't last more than 5-10 years anyway. Good luck.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
327 Posts
I seriously doubt "ultrafit" (or any similar product) will last the lifetime of a vehicle, unless they actually plan on changing it out every few years under the warranty provisions.
i have no doubt it will only last 4 years max ... im already still going back and forth every week to fix those little details that only i will ever notice .

the thing is i paid around 2k$ to get the whole car done. “ the way they set the pricing makes you go big or nothing” i only wanted the rock affected areas but ...

but had no choice, not like i know how toinstall it myself.

i’m fairing the shop will close down soon And will walk away with hundreds of thousands in profits, otherwise how is he going to take care of all the cars he’s done.

i found his shop through xpel’s website ... i went to the certified distributors page and found his number ... gave him a call and he said he hasnt used xpel in years ... i can only assume it is because it is expensive and he wanted to make more profits that he stopped using it. And went with this ”ultrafit” brand.

but hope for the best i guess.

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101
341 Posts
At the time I did this, the only product available here in the USA was Xpel.

Good luck having any material like this, lasting longer in the elements, then 10 years. I seriously doubt "ultrafit" (or any similar product) will last the lifetime of a vehicle, unless they actually plan on changing it out every few years under the warranty provisions.

Point maybe moot, doesn't really matter, most decals don't last more than 5-10 years anyway. Good luck.
It probably isn't a transferable warranty and they likely figure that a high percentage of their customers will no longer own them after 20 yrs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts