Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2012 R/T and really liked the single grill that looked like the 1970 Challenger.
I bought a 17 T/A and it has the split grill like the 1971+ Challenger. I would like change to a single grill like the pre 2015 R/T or a current SRT/Hellcat. I don't like those screw on grills that go over the current grill as you can still see under it. Ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The only thing I've seen is people swapping out their grille for the hellcat grille. Per the YouTube videos I've seen some small adjustments needed to be made however

·
Banned
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only thing I've seen is people swapping out their grille for the hellcat grille. Per the YouTube videos I've seen some small adjustments needed to be made however
Steve White Parts said that was impossible? I will look at videos. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Unsure about the forum rules regarding posting video links otherwise I'd post them, but if you search srt grille swap on YouTube should be some of the first results. Looks like it would be a pain to do though haha

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,788 Posts
Feel free to post videos that are helpful

A Guy

·
Banned
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did watch a couple of videos. Of what I saw, you have to take off the whole bumper assembly. I was hoping for a simpler solution.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I did watch a couple of videos. Of what I saw, you have to take off the whole bumper assembly. I was hoping for a simpler solution.
Nothing is simple with these cars. Whether it is changing the grill, or front spoiler, the front fascia needs to come off. UGH!

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
The Hellcat fascia and grille is flatter than what the non-HC fascias are which have that point to the front end. There'll be a gap at the center where the black surround wouldn't meet with the grille.

what the OP would need to do is swap over to a '11-'14 (or even '08 - '10) style front fascia and have to change headlights, foglights to have the '70 style grille and front end. It can be done, but all things involve $$$

·
Banned
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't get it, but hey I always liked the '71 as well as the '70.
My interest is in the AAR Cuda and the T/A Challenger. That's why 1970. There is quite a difference in the grill and taillights on the 70 vs 71+

1 - 10 of 10 Posts