Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new on here. I recently bought a powerstop rotor and pad kit for my 18’ R/T Manual. I unfortunately installed them and until i installed them and wore them out a little i noticed that i has bought a kit for an rt with dual piston front calipers, so a return is unlikely. Do all r/t’s come with dual piston calipers? If not well s**** i guess ill have to make a conversion, is a conversion difficult to make? What do i need, sorry if this haa been posted before like i said im new, thanks. If there’s an existing post about this please refer me to it

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think you can bolt on the BR5 Calipers without mods or other parts even using the same hoses. I know on Chargers its an easy swap up to BR5 dual calipers.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
Yes, a few had Brembos but most R/T's come with dual piston front calipers. It cannot be a single piston, that would be base SXT with 18-inch wheels only.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
449 Posts
RT’s come with dual pistons, unless you upgrade/or if the car came with the Performance Package that gives you 4 piston Brembos

1 - 4 of 4 Posts