Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a Challenger T/A 392, with the matte hood paint finish and matte overlay top and trunk lid. I also believe the spoiler and front lower air dam are matte finish. I have been told not to use normal car care products. Is there a single product that can be used to wash and wax both the matte surfaces and the regular paint? Or do you have to use one product on the matte finish and another on the normal paint?

·
Registered
849 Posts
I’ve never had an issue using standard car wash soap (from Adams Polishes) on my matte/satin finishes. Just like anywhere on paint, don’t let it dry on there.
You definitely do not want to wax those surfaces however. There are many products out there designed to protect matte/satin finishes in the same way wax protects normal paint. Adams polishes has several I use or have tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a Challenger Shaker 392 Wirth "Shaker" stripes. I use Dr Beasley's on the matte finish of the shaker, rear spoiler, and stripes. There is a product that I am using on the regular painted surface and like the results so far. That product is Topcoat F11.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
There are so many companies with so many products these days, that car cleaning and detailing is way past 'wax on/wax off.' I use Meguiars products. Their site "Meguiars online' has a wealth of information. Other good sources can be your local auto shops, Advance, Pep Boys, etc. There's usually at least one guy there that actually knows from experience what works.

To answer your question, one product will wash the whole car, but there are specific products to keep the whole car in showroom condition. I really like clean cars and make it like a hobby to keep all three that way. Good luck...............the Mailman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts