Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, is it possible to convert from single piston calipers to dual piston calipers?
If so, how much of a headache would it be to do so?
I’ve heard it can be done easily, that it’s a difficult conversion, and that it can’t be done, and I can’t seem to find anywhere that has a direct answer.

Also, I have solid brake rotors and I’m interested in vented ones due to the way they work.
Again, is it possible/simple to convert from solid rotors to vented?

I have a 2014 SXT, any information helps, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
16,317 Posts
the R/T (2-piston brakes) have vented rotors as part of that package - so its possible.

The knuckles and spindles are the same between the base single piston and the dual piston setups.

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
474 Posts
Yeah, since the knuckles are the same you'll be fine upgrading to an R/T (rotors + pads) or Pursuit (rotors + pads + calipers) brake package.

The fronts can go dual piston but rears will still be single - though bigger and vented rotors are still an improvement. And to be perfectly clear, SRT/Brembos will NOT be an option unless you change knuckles too.

Reactions: DesolateSpectre

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
21,510 Posts
I believe the brake lines in front have to be changed as they will be too short. they can be left hanging and will fit, but not advised. I think it's a matter of dual piston front calipers, brackets, guide pins, rotors (13.6") pads, and brake lines. In the rear I believe the rotors are already 12.6", but you'd need the vented

A Guy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe the brake lines in front have to be changed as they will be too short. they can be left hanging and will fit, but not advised. I think it's a matter of dual piston front calipers, brackets, guide pins, rotors (13.6") pads, and brake lines. In the rear I believe the rotors are already 12.6", but you'd need the vented

A Guy
Any chance you could give me a part number for said brake line?
I can’t seem to find one for my SXT and dual pistons.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
21,510 Posts
So, from what I've read, the stock hoses are just a little short, but will work if they are not fastened to the original bracket. They hang free, but many just leave them like that. Hoses from an R/T which have the same brakes as the SXT with 20" wheels/SXT Plus later years, etc. will be just a bit longer. In searching, these are listed for both SXT Performance Brakes (not touring), and R/T

The rears are the same

A Guy

Reactions: DesolateSpectre
1 - 6 of 6 Posts